Manufacturer of dining, living, home office and bedroom Furniture and Interior.

JONATHAN ADLER PROVIDES NEW SOFA SOLUTIONS FOR Nbaynadamas'S COUCH CATASTROPHE - A DOG OF A DILEMMA SOLVED!

Angled armed sofa from Jonathan Adler
Jonathan Adler - Danner Sofa/Left Arm - $2400-$2800 depending on fabric (this stylish angled armed sofa comes in left and right arm, to be used as part of a sectional or stand alone; mid-century modern in feel; 72" wide x 30" high x 32"; shown as a left arm Tangiers Sand off-white fabric with a self welt and solid walnut base) (above)

Tufted box shaped sofa from Jonathan Adler
Jonathan Adler - Baxter Sofa (New!) - $2800-$2950 depending on fabric (new tufted box shaped sofa with high arms, 84" wide x 28" high x 30" deep, seat height 17", arm height 28"; shown in Ultra Arctic white with polished nickel base and legs) (above and below)
Close up of a tufted box style sofa from Jonathan Adler

My best friend AM once said to a group of girls who had all gathered at her New York City apartment "Shoot me first, if I turn 30, am single and own a cat." AM instincts astutely told her that a 30 something year old single girl with a cat was doomed to singledom for the rest of her life (AM should have also included small dogs into that prophetic statement) .

Speaking of girls and animals... I will now segue into a topic that I had vowed was taboo in the world of this blog - somehow I find myself now writing about my dog - a house pet who I swore I would never post/write/talk about on this blog because he is not at all relevant to what this blog is about...coupled with the fact that I would never want to be "that girl " who finds ways to insinuate her dog "stories" into every conversation and dialogue.

Well...never say never because here I am!

I will defend, however, that my dog story is somewhat relevant though to this blog and home decor simply because my small, 15lb Chin Poo (Japanese Chin/Poodle Mix), named Mr. Boo has now destroyed another sofa in my tiny house...

...and now I am officially on the market for a new sofa.

Chin Poo on a brown sofa
Chin Poo on a brown sofa
The sofa eating "perp": MR. BOO (don't let the innocent look fool you) (above)

So, I got home this evening to find both of my living room sofa pillows on the floor...torn and tattered. Mr. Boo has been gnawing on these back sofa pillows for months (it was getting harder and harder to hide the damage)...but today...Mr. Boo had at the sofa for good. I know that training is the answer and maybe having the dog walker stop by a few more times a day may help...but I now have a couch catastrophe on my hands.

Now that I am looking for a new sofa, I have certain criteria in mind in order to preserve my sanity and order in a house with a small dog.

NO BACK PILLOWS - This is most important for me (I've noticed that this particular dog as a penchant for sofa piping and sofa back pillows, down fill, foam pillow stuffing and more... so I need a tight back sofa or a tailored sofa with no pillows at all would be best).

EASILY SLIPCOVERED - A sofa with no loose pillows is easier to slipcover. A one piece slipcover can be custom made for these types of sofas (as opposed to a slipcover that would require each pillow to be covered as well as the body of the sofa). With a slipcover, I can definitely protect my living room sofa from Mr. Boo.

This post features some options from Jonathan Adler's new upholstered collection that are tight back and some tight seat sofas that may actually work for me.

Love seat from Jonathan Adler
Jonathan Adler - Lampert Loveseat (New!) - $2650-$4200 (the new loveseat version of Jonathan Adler's Lampert line of sofas, 65" wide x 32" high x 34"; arm height 32" / seat shown in Vice Olive green with a self welt and white base/legs) (above)

AM has a Lampert Sofa and Lampert Lounger at her house...that is what got me thinking that perhaps Jonathan Adler might have the solution to my dilemma.

Love seat from Jonathan Adler
Jonathan Adler - Baxter Loveseat - $2650-$4200 depending on fabric (above)

Right now I am leaning towards the Baxter Sofa or love seat. Need to measure...think the smaller will work better in my space...

What do you think? Any suggestions on other sofas that might work? A good dog trainer in Los Angeles? How to get my dog to stop eating furniture? Anyone? HELP!!!!!

Please click on comment link below and weigh in!

P.S. I do love little Mr. Boo in spite of his furniture eating habit...so no worries to you animal lovers/zealots who may think from reading this post that I have a great disdain for my little pooch...not the case at all...he is loved indeed (and well fed, and overly pampered (with stays at dog daycare haven Chateau Marmutt, daily dog walkers, his own garden space preened weekly by my gardener)...the list goes on...) ...but he has destroyed my house and the furnishings there in much to my chagrin!
You have read this articlecouches and sofas / Nbaynadamas with the title JONATHAN ADLER PROVIDES NEW SOFA SOLUTIONS FOR Nbaynadamas'S COUCH CATASTROPHE - A DOG OF A DILEMMA SOLVED!. You can bookmark this page URL http://nbaynadamas.blogspot.com/2008/07/jonathan-adler-provides-new-sofa.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Thursday, July 31, 2008

Comments "JONATHAN ADLER PROVIDES NEW SOFA SOLUTIONS FOR Nbaynadamas'S COUCH CATASTROPHE - A DOG OF A DILEMMA SOLVED!"

Post a Comment