Manufacturer of dining, living, home office and bedroom Furniture and Interior.

COLOR WATCH: A FAIR WAY OF LIVING - A PEBBLE BEACH GOLF WEEKEND INSPIRES THOUGHTS OF ALL THINGS GREEN!

 Golf course fairway at Pebble Beach during the 2009 AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro Am
The golf course fairway at Pebble Beach during the 2009 AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro Am with its perfectly manicured green grass and stunning views of the Pacific Ocean (above)
Photo by Coco of Nbaynadamas

I don't golf. Thought I needed to come clean right away as I begin a golf inspired post.

Yes I spent the weekend at Pebble Beach for the AT&T National Pro Am...and no, I do not know a thing about golf. Not a thing.

Okay, I lie just a bit...before the weekend I knew the following words were associated with golf...Tiger Woods, Jack Nicklaus, green, tee, hole in one, birdie, bogey, driving range, clubs, 18th hole. I had heard these words before but hardly knew what any of them meant. By the end of the weekend, I added the following to my vocabulary...fairway, Nick Faldo, Vijay Singh, spectator. Doesn't seem like I learned much from my golf filled weekend...I only seemed to have added four words to my personal golf lexicon (and yes, I realize some of the words I learned are actually people's names).

Why didn't I learn more about golf while surrounded by hundreds probably thousands of golf aficionados who had flocked to the Monterey Peninsula to watch this annual tournament that features golf pros and celebrity golfers? Why? I don't know... Well maybe it didn't help that I was more concerned with looking cute in my outdoor golf wear which included a short white Burberry windbreaker with stylish buttons, drawstring ties and a hood and my shiny black rain galoshes (or Wellies as the British might say). Or maybe the improvement of my golf knowledge was stymied by my group's obsession with spotting Kelly Slater (a pro surfer) who was one of the celebrities playing in the tournament and who looks exactly like friend Hilary Walker's boyfriend, Chad Stith. It didn't help my golf "game" at all that the good friends from San Francisco (namely Hilary, Kara Reiter and a third new friend AM) the very people who had so nicely invited me along on the weekend, were less than focused on the golf too!

So while the setting was absolutely breathtaking and beyond beautiful, it was chilly outside and we were hungry and we did want to get to the Tap Room to meet Kara's friends from San Francisco and we didn't really care to know who was winning or losing and we did see Kelly Slater....and, so, I embarrassingly must say that for an entire weekend, golf was only really a priority for about an hour or two as we walked the course.

The only bright light in helping me understand golf a bit better was that Hilary's bf (short for boyfriend), Chad, and his friend D (who shall remain nameless at this point) seemed to actually care about the sport...we left them on the side of the fairway after about 2 hours out on the course. The guys taught me about the who's who of golf when they started swooning, salivating and panting when golf legend Nick Faldo sat next to us at a table at Stillwater, a restaurant overlooking the 18th hole and the ocean (I had NO idea who Nick Faldo was so it was quite easy for the boys to coax me to go over to him to ask for a photo on their behalf...send the golf dunce to do the dirty work). So while sitting next to Nick, I quizzed them on the best all time golfers and actually learned a thing or two.

Anyhooo...in honor of my golf weekend and since I still know nothing about golf...I thought I'd try to make a connection between golf and furniture, accessories and home decor - something I do know about. The only connection I could make was the color green! The manicured greens, long beautiful fairways and the perfectly planned roughs...this verdant golf course was wonderful combination of nature and man made. I think the same can be said of furniture with green tones...love the combination of something refined with the color green which reminds me of nature and the outdoors. Flimsy connection...I know...but give me credit for at least trying!!!

Green and white geometrical patterned European tile inspired handpainted secretary or office armoire from Pottery Barn
Pottery Barn - Sutter Hand Painted Secretary - on sale $799.99 (Green and white geometrical patterned European tile work inspired this handpainted secretary or office armoire. Looks like a dresser but the piece opens to reveal a workspace and desk area with enough room for laptop computer. Cubbies above and drawers below store supplies. Framed in solid hardwood with veneer. Unpainted top has an antique honey stain) (above)
Green shag pouf
Moss - Smile Pouf - $1530 (Shag ottoman or pouf (pouffe) in deep green. Designer:Paulo Haubert, 2002. Made of 100% merino wool outer cover and 100% cotton inner cover. Hand made in Brazil at the Dona Concecao Atelier)(above)


Lime green art glass designer lamp with a simple drum shade from Plantation

Plantation - Pacey Lamp - $345 (Lime green art glass designer lamp in sculptured tinted glass complemented by a simple drum shade) (above)

Green vintage shaped glass jars, pots, bottles and vases from West Elm
West Elm - Medina Glass Jars and Bottles - $14-$49 (Vintage shaped glass jars, pots, bottles and vases in shades of green. Clear, tinted and clouded glass)(above)

Pale green vintage dining room buffet from Pieces
Pieces - Antique English Server - $8400 (Vintage dining room buffet or sideboard in a pale muted green. Perfect for linens, dishes and silverware. Dimensions - 57W x 21D x 35H. Original top. Base hand painted to match. Cream hand painted outline detail. Original hardware & key holes. Two doors & two drawers.) (above)

Pebble Beach golf course
Pebble Beach golf course on Valentine's Day 2009! (above)
Photo by Coco of Nbaynadamas

P.S. I stayed at L'Auberge in Carmel, California. It is a lovely small 20 room hotel built in the 1920s. Perfect service, cozy rooms, right in the center of town and just four blocks from the beach, just lovely...I also love that their Mercedes car service was available to pick me up and drop me off at any time of the day or night. I highly recommend!
You have read this articleCOLOR WATCH / Nbaynadamas with the title COLOR WATCH: A FAIR WAY OF LIVING - A PEBBLE BEACH GOLF WEEKEND INSPIRES THOUGHTS OF ALL THINGS GREEN!. You can bookmark this page URL http://nbaynadamas.blogspot.com/2009/02/color-watch-fair-way-of-living-pebble.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Monday, February 16, 2009

Comments "COLOR WATCH: A FAIR WAY OF LIVING - A PEBBLE BEACH GOLF WEEKEND INSPIRES THOUGHTS OF ALL THINGS GREEN!"

Post a Comment