Manufacturer of dining, living, home office and bedroom Furniture and Interior.

LIFE INSPIRES THOUGHTS OF ART - IMPRESSIONS ON THE EVE OF A FULL MOON!

Photos in this post by Coco of Nbaynadamas
Photo of night sky and near full moon taken in the Hollywood Hills
Photo of night sky and near full moon taken in the Hollywood Hills overlooking Los Angeles on February 8, 2009 (above and below)

Was driving through the Hollywood Hills with a friend tonight and ran into this beautiful sight. The moon. Simple, bright, dazzling - the centerpiece of the night sky.

Reminded me of Vincent van Gogh's famed painting, The Starry Night. While the stars were certainly dimmed by the moon...something about the sky made me think of the painting and the scene that Dutch post-impressionist artist van Gogh imagined in his head and then put on canvas.

So while driving along through the hills and not knowing anything about the lunar cycle...I exclaimed "A full moon! I must take a photo!".

Three things:

1) I was wrong...it wasn't quite a full moon. I learned this when I got home. The full moon is tomorrow.

2) How old am I? How many times have I seen a pretty moon? Why was I acting like a three year old who first looks up and notices a bright round moon on a winter night? I will not answer the first question here or the second question - my age will remain a secret, thank you very much! I can answer why I was acting like a three year old part...answer, because a full moon is awe inspiring every time I see it.

3) Think friends are getting tired of me jumping out cars and stopping in stores and pausing in front of houses to take photos for Nbaynadamas. Wonder when they are going to reach their breaking point with me and the camera?!?!?!

I hope you readers do not think I am some spirtualist, astrology devotee or lunar lunatic...this post is simple...I just was driving through the hills with a friend on a cold Los Angeles night (I know you in other parts of the country don't believe we can have cold nights here...:-)) and happened upon an awesome moon that I thought I would share.

Photo of night sky and near full moon taken in the Hollywood Hills
Life imitates art in this case - a real life scene of the night sky over Los Angeles (above) reminds of a famous very dramatic and iconic painting (below)

Vincent van Gogh - The Starry Night
Vincent van Gogh - The Starry Night (1889) - image from Wikimedia Commons (above)

Photo of night sky and near full moon taken in the Hollywood Hills

Maybe the home decor or interior design point of this post is that you should take creative inspiration from the world around you...perhaps finding ways to turn life into some amazing art in your home!

Photos in this post by Coco of Nbaynadamas
You have read this articleart / Nbaynadamas with the title LIFE INSPIRES THOUGHTS OF ART - IMPRESSIONS ON THE EVE OF A FULL MOON!. You can bookmark this page URL http://nbaynadamas.blogspot.com/2009/02/life-inspires-thoughts-of-art.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Sunday, February 8, 2009

Comments "LIFE INSPIRES THOUGHTS OF ART - IMPRESSIONS ON THE EVE OF A FULL MOON!"

Post a Comment