Manufacturer of dining, living, home office and bedroom Furniture and Interior.

DESIGN ON SALE DAILY: MIRRORING A CLASSIC WINDOW!

Exterior of a home off of St. Charles Avenue in New Orleans
Exterior of a home off of St. Charles Avenue in New Orleans with two wood frame windows with Gothic style detailing. Windows flank front door. Entry portico or porch features classic columns, three arches and dentil molding capping off the covered area. An ornate wrought iron railing lines the double staircase leading up to front door. Upper level windows are Victorian era stained glass.(above)
Photo by Coco of Nbaynadamas

Back in L.A. but still in New Orleans mode...it has been over a week now and I still am thinking about my amazing trip there. Have been emailing best friend FF constantly...missing NOLA.

Found this mirror below and thought of the grand homes on St. Charles Avenue near Tulane University.

I am a little out of it this week as mentioned in a post from this weekend but I vividly remember the weekend in NOLA for several fantastic reasons. Oooohhh...one not so fantastic reason that is perhaps making me a little dazed and confused though. Did I mention that I got hit in the head with a very heavy bag of doubloons as I was watching my very first Mardi Gras parade? Well, a week and a half later, I am bruised and still swollen. While I nurse my bruises here in Los Angeles, I fondly remember my wonderfully long and very fun weekend in NOLA and wish I were back there.

Today's DESIGN ON SALE DAILY is inspired by all of the wonderful windows on homes on St. Charles Avenue. Whether lattice, leaded glass, stained glass, Victorian colored class, intricately designed sash windows, simple shutter style or diagonal paned, St. Charles Avenue homes have a wonderful view from their worldly windows!

I will babble on and on about New Orleans until readers tell me to stop. If you have another city and photos you think are worth sharing, please let me know...until then and for now New Orleans is the favored locale...
Metal mirror with antique gold leaf finish and diamond and prism design from Ballard Designs
Ballard Designs - St. Charles Mirror - on sale $179.99; regular $249 (The diamond and prism design creates the illusion of a Victorian window. Crafted of metal with heavily antiqued gold leaf finish. Hang vertically or horizontally) (above)
You have read this articleDESIGN ON SALE DAILY / exterior design / mirrors / Nbaynadamas with the title DESIGN ON SALE DAILY: MIRRORING A CLASSIC WINDOW!. You can bookmark this page URL http://nbaynadamas.blogspot.com/2009/03/design-on-sale-daily-mirroring-classic.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Comments "DESIGN ON SALE DAILY: MIRRORING A CLASSIC WINDOW!"

Post a Comment