Manufacturer of dining, living, home office and bedroom Furniture and Interior.

STARCK RAVING MAD OVER TWO MODERN CHAIR DESIGNS!

White leather side chair or dining chair with aluminum legs and a quilted seat from Cassina
Cassina - 245 Caprice Chair by Philippe Starck- $1400 (White leather side chair or dining chair. Glossy aluminum legs. Quilted or tufted leather seat. Fully upholstered frame. Comes in different grades of leather. Special order in black, caramel or brown) (above)

Went on the West Hollywood design walk on Saturday. Was fantastic. Got to nose into several stores I have been meaning to nose into over the last year. Lots of very design/artsy people or people who think they are design/artsy walking up and down Robertson Blvd. All drinking wine/champagne and gabbing and gawking at all that is posh in home design, decor, decorating, furniture, accessories, lighting and more.

The funniest scene I think was at Fendi Casa. The showroom looked like a club instead of a showroom. People drinking champagne, lots of want-to-be types draped on the sofas, chairs and beds, and techno music playing in the background. It felt like a club not a furniture store. Oh, did I mention the red carpet out front. The furniture was definitely upstaged by the scene and the people watching people watching people watching people action. Like a furniture disco or night club. Did I mention, it was still daylight when all of this was going on???!@#$%^& Yikes!

Well, anyhoooo...before meeting up with my design gawking companion, I wandered into Cassina on Beverly Blvd. I was offered a glass of prosecco the minute I walked into the door of Cassina (thank you very much). LOVED THAT! Made me want to stay and look around of course. (Am I too shallow for words? Again, readers, do not answer this question)

First things I ran into after the sparkling Italian wine were these chairs. I LOVED them. Don't know if it was the design or the prosecco...I found myself petting, gawking and almost drooling over these little dining or side chairs.

I glanced up and noticed one of the design consultants from Cassina staring at me. I composed myself and said, "Excuuuuoooose me sir (I affected my best lock jaw)...how much is this marvelous chair?". He jumped to attention and told me the number which I immediately forgot because of the prosecco I think. I continued to drool, "These chaaaiiirzzzzzzzs ahhhhrrrre just gggrrrreeeeeaaaaat!" He seemed stunned by my over emphatic love of the chair but carried on with information. I immediately forgot what he was saying again.

Solution..."What is your name?", I said. "Dany", he said. I immediately forgot his name as was the pattern that afternoon. "Well, I have this little design website (avoided the word blog so as not to seem like a computer urchin who spends all of her time writing about frivolities in some sort of bizarre online diary) named Nbaynadamas. I would love to feature these chairs. Can you please send me photos...I forgot my camera?" Eureka...this worked. Who needs a memory, pen or piece of paper anymore!

Low and behold on Monday morning, Dany Ka from Cassina in Los Angeles forwarded me the photos! Here they are...

The Philippe Starck Caprice chair is FANTASTIC. A chair that looks both modern and classic. The rounded back, the tufted or quilted leather seat and back, the skinny metal legs all come together to create a near perfect blend of form and function.


Black leather side chair or dining chair with aluminum legs and a quilted seat from Cassina

Did I mention that these chairs were first introduced in 2007? I know...I am little off on being on the cutting edge of design. I am on my own design time it seems...! Please forgive.

Oh, by the by, that Dany Ka got my drift about what I like because he also threw in some photos of the Passion Chair by Philippe Starck...same sleek idea for seating but with a slight bit of armchair comfort infused into the design.

Two Pilippe Starck chairs one in black the other in white from Cassina
Cassina - 246 Passion Chair by Philippe Starck - $1553-2012 depending on grade of leather (Side chair with glossy aluminum tapered legs. Chair frame completely uphosltered in leather. Quilted inside.)(above)

These chairs come in a variety of different finishes including ones with plastic exterior or with black enamel steel legs. Hmmm....a few chairs definitely worth considering.

Anyhoo, if you like, I am sure that nice Dany would be able to help you...
Dany Ka
Cassina
8815 Beverly Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90048
310-278-3292 X 113
dany.cassina@divafurniture.com
You have read this articlechairs / Nbaynadamas with the title STARCK RAVING MAD OVER TWO MODERN CHAIR DESIGNS!. You can bookmark this page URL http://nbaynadamas.blogspot.com/2009/06/starck-raving-mad-over-two-modern-chair.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Comments "STARCK RAVING MAD OVER TWO MODERN CHAIR DESIGNS!"

Post a Comment