Manufacturer of dining, living, home office and bedroom Furniture and Interior.

KITCHEN WEEK: WOOD WORKS IN THREE CONTEMPORARY KITCHENS!

High glossy kitchen with lacquered exotic wood cabinets and drawers, stainless steel backsplash and glossy floor
Photo courtesy of William Hefner Architecture

Kitchen Week continues...Day 3.

I am a color and materials purist when it comes to kitchens. I like kitchens with light cabinetry (white is definitely preferred), marble or quartz countertops (white or black) and a simple backsplash (white subway tiles, stainless steel tiles or sheets, glass brick tiles ...you get the picture).

In order to push myself out of my comfort zone (and to give readers a little bit of variety...so it's not all about me...right?), I decided to see if there were other kitchens in other forms I could like.

For this post, I've gone completely opposite of my taste by finding and featuring three kitchens with wood grain or stained wood cabinets...and here you have it...a few woodsy kitchens that work for me!

I like the high gloss kitchen above...makes a striking statement...probably lacquered exotic wood cabinets in a rich red brown color and a backsplash made of stainless steel sheets. The shiny factor is a big draw for me. I don't know if I could live with this kitchen full time (it is definitely a statement room)...but I wouldn't mind enjoying it for a day or two.

Small modern kitchen with white cabinets and frame less natural stain wood lower cabinets and dark grey counters
Photo courtesy of Frank Roop Design
.
This modern small kitchen above is a cheat for me because some of the cabinets are white. Okay...I know...not playing fair...but please forgive. I love the frameless natural stain wood lower cabinets. I think they blend will with the glossy white upper cabinets and the dark grey counters.

Wood paneled kitchen with wood cabinets with square recessed panel doors
Photo courtesy of Elizabeth Dinkel Design Associates, Inc.

Finally, this last kitchen is totally NOT my style...but I think it is very well done for a woodsy kitchen. It is the type of kitchen I would expect to find in Craftsman style home or in a cabin. This kitchen features cabinets with a warm neutral finish and square recessed panel  doors. Cabinets have paneled sides which match the trim, molding and door jambs in the room.

Now that I've gone out of my comfort zone...please beware...I will go right back into comfort mode for most of the rest of kitchen week! A creature of habit perhaps??

What are you thinking? Does wood work for you? Please weigh in!
You have read this articlekitchen / KITCHEN WEEK / Nbaynadamas with the title KITCHEN WEEK: WOOD WORKS IN THREE CONTEMPORARY KITCHENS!. You can bookmark this page URL http://nbaynadamas.blogspot.com/2009/07/kitchen-week-wood-works-in-three.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Comments "KITCHEN WEEK: WOOD WORKS IN THREE CONTEMPORARY KITCHENS!"

Post a Comment