Manufacturer of dining, living, home office and bedroom Furniture and Interior.

SHOP WATCH: WHY I DANCED MY WAY THROUGH JONATHAN ADLER - THE MOST CHEERFUL FURNITURE STORE IN L.A.!

All photos in this post by Coco of NbaynadamasInside the Jonathan Adler furniture store
Inside the Jonathan Adler furniture store on 3rd St. in Los Angeles. (above)

The minute I stepped into the door of the Jonathan Adler store the other day, I started dancing.

I stopped into this colorfully chic furniture shop here in L.A. on Sunday with friend RK, who was visiting from out of town.

Don't know if it was the bright colors, or the fanciful furnishings, or the new Grace Jones track playing on the sound system (yes, Grace Jones), or the warm greeting I received at the door from the two salespeople on duty, Tony and Theresa...but the minute I walked into Jonathan Adler this last Sunday, I started dancing.

It was about 5:45pm yesterday. The weekend was wrapping up. Since the day was almost over, RK and I were the last of the Sunday shoppers to hit the store it seemed. There may have been one person there when we arrived, but he left.

There is absolutely no accounting for what came over me. Nothing specific. Just an overall mood. There was just something going on in that shop that afternoon that made me want to dance.

I started with the good old shuffle and shoulder shrug and then by the time I rounded the bend over to the bedroom side of the store, my arms were swinging in the air and I was adding in an occasional twirl here and there...I was in full on dancing mode. I didn't care. I was just dancing.

The cool thing was that Tony, the aforementioned salesperson, was dancing right along with me! In between beats, I would ooooh at a piece of furniture and Tony would respond with a dance move of his own and then then tell me a bit about the piece. Then I would do another shuffle step-step and shoulder shrug-shrug over to the next item and start ahhhhing all over again....Tony kept up and, in fact, out-danced me a few times all along the way.

During my personal dance-a-thon, I did take a moment to look over at the normally reserved RK, who was purposefully keeping a safe distance from me, trying to maintain some bit of decorum I think...but even she couldn't help herself, I noticed her head bouncing to the beat of the music and I may have even seen her instinctively do a shoulder shrug of her own.

It was a surprise bit of fun on a Sunday afternoon. (Oh did I mention cute Sonny the Maltese (he's Theresa's dog. I had a picture of him but it was way too blurry)...Sonny's motto is "Size ain't nothing but a number"...love a small store dog with a big motto!)

Anyhooo....here are some cute pieces that I danced into while there...

Extra wide upholstered chair with tufted seat, curved T-back and oak stained legs in the Jonathan Adler store
Jonathan Adler - Addison Chair - $1650 as shown (Extra wide upholstered chair with tufted seat, curved T-back and oak stained legs. Also comes with walnut or lacquer finished legs) (above and below)

Love the lines of this striking accent chair. Something reminds me of the whole mid-century modern lines of the 1950's...a glammed up version of a chair from that era!

Extra wide upholstered chair with tufted seat, curved T-back and oak stained legs in the Jonathan Adler store

Close up of the nail head trim on a n extra wide upholstered chair in the Jonathan Adler store
Nailhead trim detail on the Addison chair. (above)

Extra wide upholstered chair with tufted seat, curved T-back and oak stained legs in the Jonathan Adler store


Orange and white embroidered pillow in the Jonathan Adler store
Jonathan Adler - Acapulco Collage Pillow - $125 (Orange and white embroidered pillow. Modern take on Mexican tapestries. Comes in yellow and natural too)(above)

Modern woven white rattan chair on white metal frame with orange seat cushions in the Jonathan Adler store
Jonathan Adler - Shelter Island Chair - $495 (Modern woven white rattan chair on white metal frame with orange seat cushions) (above)

Glossy white porcelain box in the shape of a bird in the Jonathan Adler store
Jonathan Adler - Pop Menagerie Bird Box - $68 (Glossy white porcelain box in the shape of a bird. Features blue and green painted abstract feather detail)(above)

Now it is Monday...and I must admit the cheery mood of the store is a distant memory at this point (a day later)...maybe I'll have to visit again next weekend...yes...maybe I will!

All photos in this post by Coco of Nbaynadamas
You have read this articlechairs / Nbaynadamas / pillows / pottery / SHOP WATCH with the title SHOP WATCH: WHY I DANCED MY WAY THROUGH JONATHAN ADLER - THE MOST CHEERFUL FURNITURE STORE IN L.A.!. You can bookmark this page URL http://nbaynadamas.blogspot.com/2009/10/shop-watch-why-i-danced-my-way-through.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Monday, October 19, 2009

Comments "SHOP WATCH: WHY I DANCED MY WAY THROUGH JONATHAN ADLER - THE MOST CHEERFUL FURNITURE STORE IN L.A.!"

Post a Comment