Manufacturer of dining, living, home office and bedroom Furniture and Interior.

A JOHN DERIAN DECOUPAGE TRAY I LIKE!

John Derian rectangular decoupage maze tray from auto
Auto - John Derian Rectangular Maze Tray - $110 (Decoupage tray with geometric design in greens, yellow, red and off white)(above)

I like this John Derian tray. I am surprised.

I know people are crazed about John Derian. So for those of you who are "believers"...please bear with me on this. I am not crazed. I have been trying to understand the John Derian phenomenon for years. Decoupage stuff. What's the big deal? I had this boss who used to scrapbook and craft all of the time...she loved to do her own decoupage pieces and insisted that people that worked for her do decoupage themselves. I was amused by her obsession but not that overwhelmed by the end result. Maybe this boss tainted my view on all things decoupage!

I was at the New York International Gift Fair this past summer with AM and saw throngs of people swarming the John Derian booth - all frenzied and excited to caress, feel, see and experience the latest John Derian. AM herself dashed into the booth...leaving me in her wake...she was one of the frenzied ones. I went in. I picked up a plate, paperweight and a variety of other items and I still didn't get it. There I was...part of the not clued in crowd...in the middle of the John Derian booth...in the middle of frenzied crowd of women who were devotees. It was a very lonely place to be. LOL!

Anyhoooo....enough on that and back to this tray...

So until this tray...I had not really understood the John Derian allure. To me this tray is quite fab. Love the geometric shapes...love the colors. It is perfect. I would put it in my home. Cute on a side table or a coffee table in my living room. Could also make a good gift for a John Derian devotee.

So while I am probably not a John Derian fanatic...I may be edging towards being more open minded...let's see what I can find next.

Derian devotees...please don't hate me for having different tastes! :-)
You have read this articleaccessories / John Derian / Nbaynadamas with the title A JOHN DERIAN DECOUPAGE TRAY I LIKE!. You can bookmark this page URL http://nbaynadamas.blogspot.com/2009/11/a-john-derian-decoupage-tray-i-like.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Comments "A JOHN DERIAN DECOUPAGE TRAY I LIKE!"

Post a Comment