Manufacturer of dining, living, home office and bedroom Furniture and Interior.

FLAWLESS FLORAL DESIGN!

Photos courtesy of Lily Lodge, Steven Petrarca Events
Outdoor picnic table with plaid enamel plates and cups, a simple white runner and an original centerpiece made of gorgeous orange roses in brown paper bags by Lily Lodge
Plaid enamel plates and cups, a simple white runner and an original centerpiece made of gorgeous orange roses in brown paper bags complete this outdoor lawn picnic table setting for four. (above)

Was in desperate need of the perfect flowers yesterday. Needed to send flowers to someone who was of great help to me this past weekend. A thank you. Challenge was this person lives in Washington D.C. and I live in L.A. The other "challenge" was that I never trust out of area florists...no reason...I just don't...(really logical right?)

For this flower order, I couldn't risk it. Way too important. I needed these flowers to be just right. Nothing too extravagant, something elegant, simple and tasteful. How could I know that a D.C. florist would do the job right...how could I trust (I know...D.C. is a major city filled with competent florists...but I was over thinking the whole thing as I usually do over think things...indulge me please...)?

With perfection in mind, I turned to Ariana Lambert Smeraldo the owner of Los Angeles' swank flower shop called Lily Lodge. I would fly flowers across the country in the dead of winter just so I could be assured of the caliber, quality and design. I knew Ariana's taste in flowers was impeccable and I also knew she offered a service called Flowers in a Box that has flowers delivered in a wonderful box straight to the recipient's door (reminds me of watching old 1950's movies where women received flowers in boxes from their love interests...and also reminds me of my dad - he used to bring home flowers in boxes for my mother, sister and me on Valentine's Day...love this concept)!

Well, of course, Ariana of Lily Lodge had the solution...a lovely box of purple Vanda orchids was shipped off overnight...I got an email from the recipient the next day saying "Wow"! Mission accomplished! (Poor Ariana though had to endure a million emails from me changing my mind, hemming and hawing, wishing and washing on every detail down to the salutation on the card...in the end, I went with what I had first ordered and she had first suggested...Ariana then wisely commented that one should always go with their first instinct.)

Another byproduct of working with Ariana on this flower order was that she gave me permission to use photos from her website...stunning floral arrangements! Yippeee...!

This post features some ideas from Lily Lodge for floral decorations for tabletop entertaining...flowers can make a table standout...whether for a luxe wedding luncheon, a glitzy dinner party or dashing table setting for an afternoon shower...wonderful flower arrangements are the answer!

Outdoor wedding reception with Garlands made of California bay leaves, persimmons, raspberry branches and figs by Lily Lodge
Garlands of California bay leaves, persimmons, raspberry branches and figs are draped over long tables at an outdoor hillside wedding reception. (above)

Wedding flower arrangement by Lily Lodge with white peonies and gardenias in a gold bowl
White peonies and gardenias in a gold bowl compliment the gold rimmed white china used for this May wedding table.(above)

Green succulents and white dinner plate Dahlias in a vintage silver revere bowl by Lily Lodge
Green succulents and white dinner plate Dahlias in a vintage silver revere bowl ooze elegance.(above)

Purple New Zealand hydrangea flower arrangements for a wedding in an art gallery Lily Lodge

Purple New Zealand hydrangea flower arrangements are artfully designed to make a lovely picture for the table at a wedding set in an art gallery. (above and below)

Purple New Zealand hydrangea flower arrangements for a wedding in an art gallery by Lily Lodge


Flowers in a box by Lily Lodge
Flowers in a Box from Lily Lodge. (above)


Outside the Lily Lodge store in Los Angeles
Outside the Lily Lodge store on Robertson Blvd. in Los Angeles, 310.360.9400. (above)

Which centerpiece or table setting is your favorite?

xo
Coco

P.S. These tables look fantastic because of the flowers and because of the "tablescaping". Place settings (plates, forks, knives, glassware etc.) for the first two photos are by Small Masterpiece - a company that focus on tabletop design! How cool is that? Make sure to pay attention to all details when trying to set the perfect table.

Photos courtesy of Lily Lodge, Steven Petrarca Events
You have read this articleentertaining/tableware / events / floral / flower / Nbaynadamas / tabletop / weddings with the title FLAWLESS FLORAL DESIGN!. You can bookmark this page URL http://nbaynadamas.blogspot.com/2010/01/flawless-floral-design.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Friday, January 22, 2010

Comments "FLAWLESS FLORAL DESIGN!"

Post a Comment