Manufacturer of dining, living, home office and bedroom Furniture and Interior.

CHEAP TO CHIC: A GOOD LIGHT BLUE GLASS LAMP IS ACTUALLY HARD TO FIND!

Light blue hand blown Murano glass table lamps by Joe Cariati with white shades
Swank Lighting - Pair of Glass Jug Lamps - $1400 (Light blue hand blown Murano glass table lamps by Joe Cariati)(above)

Was chit chatting via email with my friend AB who just bought a new home in the Pacific Palisades. I was telling him he had to send me photos of his new house for Nbaynadamas and asking lots of other questions about random things that he was artfully dodging (as he has managed to do for years of friendship). All of a sudden in the middle of our discourse (or me nagging him), AB sent an email saying "Where do I get this?" "Get what?" I wrote back and then continued with the barrage of questions. I was so busy with my train of thought that I didn't even notice that he had in fact attached a picture he had seen on Nbaynadamas (it is below). Turns out the "this" was the blue glass jar shaped lamp in the photo a lovely foyer. He wanted that exact blue lamp.

I felt like this was a game show challenge...some kind of scavenger hunt. The gauntlet was thrown down and I took the lamp search on...with a bit of bravado I must add. Of course, excessive bravado or hubris is always followed by a dose of humility...so needless to say, I did not find the exact lamp he was looking for. I did, however, come across several other lovelies.

So, glass blue lamps make up today's CHEAP TO CHIC!

Foyer with light wood floor, graphic painted ceiling, white desk with a white upholstered ottoman, blue glass lamp and a sofa with white and tan sofa with nail head trim
Photo: At Home in Arkansas Magazine. Interior design: Bear Hill Interiors

Blue sea glass table lamp with white linen drum shade
Mecox Gardens - Blue Sea Glass Lamp - $685 (Blue sea glass table lamp with white linen drum shade)(above)


Aqua glass table lamp with lucite base and silver ball finial. White silk shade with silver foil interior
Maison Luxe - Paulette Lamp - $450 (Aqua glass table lamp with lucite base and silver ball finial. White silk shade with silver foil interior.)


Blown glass aqua blue ribbed table lamp
Modern Dose - Perry Lamp - $385 (Blown glass aqua blue ribbed table lamp)(above)


gourd-shaped table lamp made from transparent teal blue glass and topped with an off-white drum shade
Lamps Plus - Blue Martini Glass Lamp - $134.91 (gourd-shaped table lamp made from transparent teal blue glass and topped with an off-white drum shade)(above)


Any of these table lamps appeal to you? I love the first ones at the top. I might be stealing AB's idea and get a pair for my little cottage in the Hollywood Hills.

Happy Wednesday!

xo
Coco
You have read this articleCHEAP TO CHIC / lamps / Nbaynadamas with the title CHEAP TO CHIC: A GOOD LIGHT BLUE GLASS LAMP IS ACTUALLY HARD TO FIND!. You can bookmark this page URL http://nbaynadamas.blogspot.com/2010/11/cheap-to-chic-good-light-blue-glass.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Comments "CHEAP TO CHIC: A GOOD LIGHT BLUE GLASS LAMP IS ACTUALLY HARD TO FIND!"

Post a Comment