Manufacturer of dining, living, home office and bedroom Furniture and Interior.

Nbaynadamas SPRING COLLECTION 2011: THANK YOU & INSIDE THE PROCESS!

Nbaynadamas Spring 2011 Post Card
Nbaynadamas Spring 2011 Collection in progress..this is a finished version of handout postcard we put together just Monday. Love my graphic designer EF...she is awesome! (above)

I wanted to first say...thank you for the huge outpouring of support and kind comments on the announcement post I did about my first home furnishings collection - Nbaynadamas SPRING 2011!

I can't tell you how overwhelmed I am by your kindness. THANK YOU READERS! I've said it a million times...but you inspire me!

Many of you have asked when the Nbaynadamas home furnishings collection will be available...

Well the big the launch is really to buyers at the New York International Gift Fair (NYIGF) at the end of the month. The pillows will be available here on Nbaynadamas too as well...my fab web designer is working on finishing touches on the shop site as I write this!

We are in crunch mode for the next few weeks getting ready for the fair. While I have been conceptualizing for well over a year ...I came up with all of my original designs back in 2009/early 2010 (many of which started out as merely sketches on graph paper or a photo as inspiration) and have been researching by going to every single tradeshow I can for the last year and a half. But I only decided to launch about 4 months ago. So with no samples, production, linen, cotton throws in hand, back in September the race began...and I am still running! (when I told my good friend BN I was exhausted yesterday, he told me to buck up because the triathalon has just started!)

Most people wouldn't share their process...well, I am going to...I can't be standoffish like the truly smart people (I'm not one of those clever, wiley, mysterious, keep-it-close-to-the-vest types of people who brilliantly know just to how to be cagey enough...unfortunately...LOL)...it is what I am living 24/7 right now...so you all will get a peek into the making of a line from time to time over the next month.

MAKING OF THE Nbaynadamas COLLECTION

MY TO DO LIST (just a snippet of it...):

1. Finish Printed Materials - Handouts and Catalogue
Nbaynadamas Spring 2011 Handouts and Catalog
Phew - Graphic designer EF is finishing up the product catalogue based on my mock up! Still lots of other printed pieces to design. Here are the first three pages! (above)

2. Pick up last round of pillows from the upholsterer - pink for Spring and the Nbaynadamas logo linen pillows
Nbaynadamas fabric
Here is some fabric that came in just last week...one of my upholsterers is working on crafting a selection of sample pillows in pink and in the Nbaynadamas Logo fabric...we'll see what the pillows look like?!?!? Will decide later whether to include them in the collection. (above)

3. Pick up extra fabric from print house to make extra pillows for press mailing
Nbaynadamas fabric on a framing machine in a print house
Nbaynadamas fabric on the framing machine at the print house (above)

4. Ship all 100 down inserts to NY for booth

5. Schedule another photo shoot with fab photog Hugh Hamilton
Nbaynadamas pillow photo shoot
This photo is from our late night photo shoot at my sister's house in Bel Air. Hugh, my friend CS and I began shooting at 5pm on 12/23 and the shoot lasted until 3:30am on Christmas Eve. We photographed 100 pillows. Because not all of my samples were ready (just a handful) and because I want to do a few in scene shots, fantastic photographer HH will do a pick up shoot in the next few weeks. (above)

Anyhooo (one reader says she hates when I say anyhoooo...LOL!)...that's a little bit from what has to happen today...

Will do a regular relaxing post that has nothing to do with to do lists tomorrow! Later this month, I will take you back in the process and show you how I got to here...why not? Right?

Happy Wednesday (oh time is flying...yikes)! Again, thank you so much for being so nice!

xo
Coco
You have read this articleNbaynadamas / Nbaynadamas collection / pillows with the title Nbaynadamas SPRING COLLECTION 2011: THANK YOU & INSIDE THE PROCESS!. You can bookmark this page URL http://nbaynadamas.blogspot.com/2011/01/nbaynadamas-spring-collection-2011.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Comments "Nbaynadamas SPRING COLLECTION 2011: THANK YOU & INSIDE THE PROCESS!"

Post a Comment