Manufacturer of dining, living, home office and bedroom Furniture and Interior.

TO GO TO DESIGNER MICHAEL S. SMITH'S HOUSE OR NOT TO GO - THAT IS THE QUESTION!?!

Bedroom by Michael S. Smith with wall paper mural of trees, a large vintage wood writing desk with cabinets, red curtains and a grey armchair
A Michael S. Smith decorated bedroom in a city townhome. (above)
So got an email the other day (maybe last week) inviting me (and I'm sure hundreds of others) to a mid June reception for First Lady Michelle Obama here in Los Angeles. The reception will be at interior designer Michael S. Smith's house. Hmmmm...Michelle Obama and Michael S. Smith (the man who redecorated the White House) in one evening? Could be very interesting.

Now most of you might say..."Just go Coco, just go". Well I might but you should know I'm not so chic that I was just invited to Michael S. Smith's house for no reason to meet Michelle Obama...it is a fundraiser...with a price tag.

I like Michael S. Smith's style (these photos are NOT of his house but from his portfolio). Maybe if I had a gagillion dollars I might ask him to look at a room or two for me. His style is a little traditional for me but I saw his work first hand once and I thought it was all quite impressive. I met Michael S. Smith once briefly at another event at a gorgeous home in Malibu that he decorated. The hostess, Nancy Marks who I had just met, heard that I loved decor and dragged Michael S. Smith across her grand home to meet me. Micheal frankly seemed bored with me and left me to have a nice chat with his significant other James Costos (who is also hosting the Michelle Obama reception).

I have to tell you though, I love anything to do with decor...and I like the First Lady too...so I just might splurge.  What would you do...?

Traditional ktchen by Michael S. Smith with green and yellow backsplash, green cabinets and drawers, an island under two pendant lights and a hardwood floor
Decorator Michael S. Smith beautifully manifests several shades of green in a larger traditional kitchen. (above)

Foyer by Michael S. Smith with white fretwork chairs around a white pedestal round table under a white pendant light, tile floor and two wood doors made of different kinds of wood
White fretwork chairs and a white pedestal round table are centered in a foyer by interior designer Michael S. Smith. (above)
So I guess the question is would you go?  How decor curious are you?  Would you spend a bit of money to go to the home of a well known interior designer?  I know...the First Lady is also in the mix (it would be fun to meet a First Lady)...I'm not completely decor myopic. Want to hear what you would do?  Do tell.

Will keep you posted on what I decide.

Happy Sunday!

xo
Coco

P.S.  Need to go find a camera today...if you recall, last week, I volunteered my camera for a beach experiment that involved a kite and my camera.  At the time, it seemed like such a great idea...now, not so much.  LOL! C'est la vie.

P.P.S. My mother and sis are in Paris right now at the GORGEOUS apartment my mom has for the summer!  Sis DS just sent over some fabulous photos of the apartment (all a little too blurry to post)...it is gorgeous and I am not there!  I'll try to get DS to take better photos so I can share of the Paris apartment! In the meantime, posting some photos from DS on twitter...she and mom and a friend of hers are sitting at Deux Magots right now...in the center of Paris enjoying an afternoon champagne cocktail I'm sure!

P.P.P.S.  Please go to Nbaynadamas Twitter to see a photo of a proof of the new Nbaynadamas catalog...just back from printer...with new pillows and other goodies in the Nbaynadamas Collection.  We went green with this and printed on recycled paper.  We'll be adding new items to the shop website in July!

Photos: Michael S. Smith, Inc.
You have read this articledesigner / events / fundraiser / interior designer / Michael S. Smith / Michelle Obama / party / reception with the title TO GO TO DESIGNER MICHAEL S. SMITH'S HOUSE OR NOT TO GO - THAT IS THE QUESTION!?!. You can bookmark this page URL http://nbaynadamas.blogspot.com/2011/06/to-go-to-designer-michael-s-smith-house.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Sunday, June 5, 2011

Comments "TO GO TO DESIGNER MICHAEL S. SMITH'S HOUSE OR NOT TO GO - THAT IS THE QUESTION!?!"

Post a Comment