Manufacturer of dining, living, home office and bedroom Furniture and Interior.

SEATTLE GROUNDS & MY STAY AT A LOVELY WATERFRONT ESTATE!

Photos by Coco of Nbaynadamas
Grounds at a Lake Washington estate with a view of the lake on a cloudy day

Complicated story...but really not that complicated...but you know me...I'll make it complicated. 

I was in Seattle this weekend with best of friend AM staying at her older brother GM and his wife SM's gorgeous house (pictured here).  Uh can I say wow?

Here's the scoop.  Wait.  Warning. This is where I make the story complicated so be prepared.  For those who are too busy to further complicate your own life with a non complicated story about my weekend that I'll some how make complicated in the telling...I would suggest you just scroll to the bottom of this post and look at the pictures. Really.  I strongly suggest that.  I'm looking after you dear readers...trying to save you some time.  For those of you who find my storytelling kind of a maze like puzzle...a mind game of sorts...please read on...I won't disappoint. :-)

Anyhoooo...now here's the scoop... Best of friend AM left her hubby and kids behind in NY to fly across the country to meet me in Los Angeles on Friday where I made her go to the Soho House (she's a member I'm not), and then we both flew up to Seattle on Saturday to attend long time best of college friend AG's baby shower on Sunday at other college friend AS's beautiful home. The trip included a little shopping on Saturday then a dinner with the girls including my good law school friend RRM, AM's wonderful sister-in-law MM, and our very pregnant friend AG.  Then...after a slight pause for sleep...it was off to AG's baby shower on Sunday!  A fab shower at that. I was so happy to see my good friend pregnant and so excited for the new addition...she picked out some Nbaynadamas pillows for the baby room and I brought those up as a gift. I was also so thrilled to see college friend AS who threw the shower at her stunning classic Seattle home she shares with her gorgeous 4 boys and husband...have been hearing about AS's personal and huge professional successes over the years through AG...AS was one of the sweetest people I knew in college and it is really really nice to see a nice person finishing first.  Woohooo...! My former roommate SL was also at the shower and it was fantastic seeing her after so long.   By Sunday (last night), after a good dinner in Madison Park with AG, her hubby RS, AM's younger brother JM and his wife MM, we were back at the airport...me on my way back to Los Angeles...AM headed back to NY and the weekend was over.  I think that is the definition of a whirlwind.  I think.

The weekend was fantastic.  Very warm and comforting even though it was FREEZING in Seattle.  Think it was so lovely because I saw so many old friends from college and law school.  It was nice reconnecting.  AM also made me leave my computer in Los Angeles and said no blogging or work on Nbaynadamas textiles...the implication was that if she could travel across country for a few days without her husband and kids, I could travel for a day and a half without a computer.  Gave me total anxiety at first...started to have slight palpitations at first...then I got over it (kind of)...no computer...arghhhhhh...but then it was actually kind of nice.

We stayed in the pool house of AM's brother's lovely estate.  The grounds and exterior of this traditional brick home were just gorgeous.  We didn't stay at the house much because we were running around so much.  We got to Seattle at about 1p on Saturday but didn't get to the house until about 10:30p or 11:30p on Saturday night.  Then we had to run out the door the baby shower at 9:30a on Sunday.  We only popped back for 15 minutes to grab our bags on Sunday night.  Oh how I wish I could have stayed at this house longer.  A lake view.  Beautiful grounds.  Fall in Seattle couldn't have looked better from this view.

Lake Washington estate with a lake view, grassy yard and a stone path on a cloudy day

Lake Washington estate with a lake view, grassy yard and a stone path on a cloudy day

Lake Washington house with traditional brick exterior

Lake Washington estate with traditional brick exterior

Oh Seattle....Seattle in the fall...is it possible for one city to be so rainy and cold yet so warm?

Happy Monday!

xo
Coco

P.S.  One of AG's Seattle friends we met at the shower told AG that she thought AM and I were "entertaining".  Hmmmm...."entertaining"?  Hmmm...  I  would hope to be described as "smart", "nice", "pretty", "chic" or maybe even "stylish".  But "entertaining" is an interesting first impression descriptor...and the fact that she found both me and AM "entertaining" makes me feel like AM and I have turned into traveling side show best friends!  At this point beggars can't be chosers so I'll embrace it!  "Entertaining" I am. LOL!

P.P.S.  Thank you GM and SM for letting me (us) stay at your beautiful home!


Photos by Coco of Nbaynadamas
You have read this articlebrick exterior / estate / garden / garden view / grass / grounds / house exterior / lake front home / private beach / seattle / traditional home / waterfront / yard with the title SEATTLE GROUNDS & MY STAY AT A LOVELY WATERFRONT ESTATE!. You can bookmark this page URL http://nbaynadamas.blogspot.com/2011/11/seattle-grounds-my-stay-at-lovely.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Monday, November 14, 2011

Comments "SEATTLE GROUNDS & MY STAY AT A LOVELY WATERFRONT ESTATE!"

Post a Comment