Manufacturer of dining, living, home office and bedroom Furniture and Interior.

THE WINTER ANTIQUES SHOW AND HOW I SPENT MY FIRST DAY IN NYC!

All photos in this post by Coco of Nbaynadamas
People mingling at the Young Collectors Night at the Winter Antiques Show at the Armory

As many of you know, I am here in NYC setting up for the New York International Gift Fair (NYIGF) where I will be showing the ENTIRE Nbaynadamas Textiles collection to buyers, press, designers and anyone else who wants to stop by.

Fab Nbaynadamas Associate Operations Manager KS (who loves the color pink) and I arrived early Thursday morning and have been running around ever since.

On the first day alone, we landed early morning, went to an awards luncheon, registered at the NYIGF and checked on logistics at our booth, somehow I ended up at a parent teacher night with my best of friend AM and then it was off to the Young Collectors night at the Winter Antique's Show at the Armory on the Upper East Side. The day culminated in a wonderful late night dinner at Il Gatto Pardo (one of my favorite NYC restaurants) with best of friend AM and her husband JE.

Anyhoooo...this is the second time I've been to the Winter Antique's Show and it is awesome! So much beautiful furniture and history in one place. I lost AM and her hubby JE for a bit and wandered through the booths taking in design, vintage and antique furnishings and more. Awesome.

Queen Anne style writing desk and book shelf at at the Young Collectors Night at the Winter Antiques Show at the Armory

Close up of the Queen Anne style writing desk and book shelf's label

Liz O'brien booth filled with vintage mid century classic furniture
Liz O'brien booth filled with vintage mid century classic furniture!(above)

vintage Billy Baldwin upholstered chair
A vintage Billy Baldwin upholstered chair. (above)

Antique round Peruvian gilt wood mirror
Love this antique Peruvian gilt wood antique mirror! (above)

Close up of the mirror's label

The highlight of the show for me was this booth below featuring antique wallpaper mounted on wood panels!
Carolle Thibault-Pomerantz booth with amazing antique wallpaper panels
Carolle Thibault-Pomerantz booth with amazing antique wallpaper panels! (above and below)

Some of the wallpaper panels at the Carolle Thibault-Pomerantz booth

Close up of one of the wallpaper panels at the Carolle Thibault-Pomerantz booth

Readers, do you like antique pieces or everything new?  Would you want any of the items highlighted above if offered to you?

Thank you Beryl for the invite to the show!

Well am off to another day of setting up the Nbaynadamas booth. It is early Saturday morning now and am headed back to the Javits Center to figure out booth lighting with the electrician! Had a little hiccup at the show yesterday that I am trying to let go...trying not to sweat the small stuff but I woke up this morning sweating it...so I may have to address it today. Complicated story but have to learn to trust my instincts when something is not working for me. Details, details...the devil is in them!

Happy Saturday!

xo
Coco

P.S.  I also went to the Fashion Group International's Rising Star Awards luncheon on Thursday when I first arrived (took the red eye in from Los Angeles...flew coach...grrrrr....).  I didn't win the award in my category but the event was amazing (see pictures below) - it was held at Cipriani midtown.  One of the most exiciting moments was when I was asked to take a picture on the red carpet because I was an award finalist and then getting rushed off (kicked off) the red carpet so they could take pictures of fashion mogul Tommy Hilfiger and his daughter Ally (brown hair below) who was also a finalist (she didn't win either).  The winner of my category was a wonderful furniture designer named Joe Manus of Shiner International.  We sat at the same table as Joe...he is so nice, his eco-friendly furniture is so cool and the award was well deserved. Congratulations Joe!

Tommy Hilfiger and his daughter Ally on the red carpet for the Fashion Group International Rising Star Awards
Tommy Hilfiger and his daughter Ally (left) at the Fashion Group International Rising Star Awards (above)

15th annual Fashion Group International Rising Star Award luncheon at Cipriani
15th annual Fashion Group International Rising Star Award luncheon at Cipriani midtown on Thursday. (above and below)

15th annual Fashion Group International Rising Star Awards


P.P.S.  Fab Associate Operations Manager, KS (who loves the color pink) and I have been running around like chickens with no heads.We went by the New York International Gift fair on Thursday to pick up our badges and scope out our empty booth.  So exciting arriving before set up...now we've just got to finish setting up!!

Coco's exhibitor badge from NYIGF 2012

P.P.P.S. Did I mention I am staying with best of friend AM, her hubby JE and their darling booboops (my own made up word for cute kids) in their gorgeous Soho apartment?  My sister DS is in town for a few nights too...so I stayed with her at Greenwich Hotel last night and we had a great dinner in the guest lounge area with KS. I love this hotel! I love the fact that my sister is in town too. Tomorrow, best of friend FF is coming to town with my other dear friend FM from New Orleans. I will also see A.Ro., JT, RK, CJ and so many other friends while here...many of whom are coming by the show!

P.P.P.P.S. Exciting times! :-)

P.P.P.P.P.S. Hope you have a spectacular Saturday!
You have read this articleantique wallpaper / antiques / Billy Baldwin chair / Cipriani / Fashion Group International / New York International Gift Fair / Winter Antiques Show with the title THE WINTER ANTIQUES SHOW AND HOW I SPENT MY FIRST DAY IN NYC!. You can bookmark this page URL http://nbaynadamas.blogspot.com/2012/01/the-winter-antiques-show-and-how-i.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Saturday, January 28, 2012

Comments "THE WINTER ANTIQUES SHOW AND HOW I SPENT MY FIRST DAY IN NYC!"

Post a Comment