Manufacturer of dining, living, home office and bedroom Furniture and Interior.

COLOR WATCH: SEA FOAM OR MINT - NAMING Nbaynadamas FABRIC COLORWAYS - WAS I WRONG OR RIGHT!

Mint green living room with floor to ceiling windows, a white sofa with two armchairs, a white fireplace, built in bookcase and a round coffee table

Late last year, when designing new offerings for the 2012 Nbaynadamas textiles collection, I wanted to go with some soothing colorways for my fabric patterns.  I was browsing the web a few days ago and came across this picture of this lovely soothing city living room and it reminded me of the colors I chose for this year's pillow collection.

So, during my so called design process (which is hardly a process...and more of a race to finish everything in time for market), I decided on a pale green blue for one of my main colors for the year and I called it Sea Foam because it reminded me of the color of that froth that sits on top of the water after a wave crashes onto shore. I was so sure of my color name choice. So sure. I pronounced, "I now name you SEA FOAM!" and then the audience roared.  I went forward with this name with a strong conviction.  I put it in the new 2012 Nbaynadamas catalog and called it Sea Foam, I went to market in January/February with it and described it as Sea Foam...and so on and so on.

After, I made this definitive decision on naming the color Sea Foam, of course being the person I am...I am now waffling.   I realized my new pale silvery green might be considered to the trained eye a totally different color...maybe Mint. I started seeing all of these stories in online magazines this month about mint and celadon and pale green...hmmmm...oy va voy.

Only after the fact, like now, did I go online and look at what people were calling Sea Foam...and for some reason I don't think the online Sea Foam matches the Nbaynadamas vision of Sea Foam.

So is my Sea Foam not Sea Foam...if not, what would you call it?


Nbaynadamas Arch Linen Pillow in Sea Foam
Nbaynadamas Arch Linen Pillow in Sea Foam (above)


Nbaynadamas Quatrefoil Reverse Natural Linen Pillow Cover in Sea Foam
Nbaynadamas Quatrefoil Reverse Natural Linen Pillow Cover in Sea Foam. (above)

Nbaynadamas Circle Chevron and Nbaynadamas Arch Linen Pillows in Sea Foam and Sea Green
Nbaynadamas Circle Chevron and Nbaynadamas Arch Linen Pillows in Sea Foam and Sea Green (above)

It is too late for me to change the color name...but am curious as to how off I am with the nomenclature here!  So please do weigh in! Do you see Sea Foam, Mint or something else when you look at my new colorway?  Where might you include a color like this in your home?

Happy Friday!

xo
Coco

Photo: living room photo source unknown due to browsing around the internet when sleepy late night and not labeling photo...if you know source please let me know and I'll put in!
You have read this articleCOLOR WATCH / home accessories / mint green / Nbaynadamas / Nbaynadamas collection / Nbaynadamas pillows / pillows / Sea Foam / textiles with the title COLOR WATCH: SEA FOAM OR MINT - NAMING Nbaynadamas FABRIC COLORWAYS - WAS I WRONG OR RIGHT!. You can bookmark this page URL http://nbaynadamas.blogspot.com/2012/03/color-watch-sea-foam-or-mint-naming.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Friday, March 16, 2012

Comments "COLOR WATCH: SEA FOAM OR MINT - NAMING Nbaynadamas FABRIC COLORWAYS - WAS I WRONG OR RIGHT!"

Post a Comment