Manufacturer of dining, living, home office and bedroom Furniture and Interior.

AM DECO: BABY'S STYLE MAKES A CHIC GUEST APPEARANCE IN AN ADULT LIVING ROOM!

Louis XV style bergere with a Dwell Studio elephant pillow on a Madeline Weinrib wool rug
Photo by Coco of Nbaynadamas
A child's stuffed elephant pillow sits on a very classic adult chair in AM's living room. (above)

Just got off the plane from NYC. It is early morning here in L.A. Yikes. And I have to work tomorrow morning. My first day back after a long and wonderful two week vacation.

Reason I just got home is that my flight was delayed on the tarmac at JFK due to thunder and lightning storms. When the airplane's captain joked on the announce system, "Is anyone enjoying this tour of JFK?", after we had already been ricocheting from one runway to another, I knew it was going to be a long night. Two things: 1) The captain's joke was met with silence from all of the passengers (note to captain: come up with funnier jokes or perhaps just maybe the old adage about silence being golden would apply to a situation like this); 2) It always concerns me when the captain gets on the p.a. and says something like "We'll be backing out of the gate shortly but we just have maintenance and engineering looking into a little thing that wasn't quite working"...hmmmm.... Anyhooooooo made it home safely. So all is good.

Enough ranting...back to design and decor.

When I walked into AM's SOHO apartment a few days ago...this is what I saw...her son's Dwell Studio elephant toy/pillow was perfectly placed in a Louis XV style bergere which sat on top of a great Madeline Weinrib wool rug. Too cute. I immediately grabbed my camera. My first decor photo of the NY leg of my vacation. To me, this scene was the perfect combination of sophistication and whimsy. Now, just to note (second note in this post), this pillow placement was incidental and not part of AM's master decor plan...usually the little elephant is in JE Jr.'s baby room.

So I'm not suggesting that people around the world rush into their child's room and start putting Mr. Potato Heads on sofas or Tickle Me Elmos on settees ...but, in this case, a child's stuffed animal surprisingly works in a very adult space!
You have read this articleAM DECO / chairs / Nbaynadamas / nursery / pillows with the title AM DECO: BABY'S STYLE MAKES A CHIC GUEST APPEARANCE IN AN ADULT LIVING ROOM!. You can bookmark this page URL https://nbaynadamas.blogspot.com/2009/08/am-deco-baby-style-makes-chic-guest.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Comments "AM DECO: BABY'S STYLE MAKES A CHIC GUEST APPEARANCE IN AN ADULT LIVING ROOM!"

Post a Comment