Manufacturer of dining, living, home office and bedroom Furniture and Interior.

VACATION DISPATCH: NANTUCKET BOUND - THE TRUTH WEIGHS HEAVY ON MY MIND!

Photos in this post by Coco of Nbaynadamas
Hydrangeas in Nantucket
Hydrangea in Nantucket (above)

In the Boston Airport and waiting for my flight to Nantucket. Headed there for a bit of a vacation.

Am watching CNN on a television at the Cape Air gate in the Boston airport (lots of very very very very preppy people surrounding me). CNN anchor Wolf Blitzer is creating hysteria. In this instance, in the same panicked voice that he is talking about Afghanistan, he is reporting on the devastating, shocking attack on...Twitter....yes, Twitter...hmmmm.....?!$%^&*!? The attack it turns out is a "hacker attack" on Twitter...nooone injured...just that the tweeting was stopped for awhile. Ridiculous...really...not a news story...really!

Back to the topic of Nantucket...

All of the photos in this post are from a trip I took to Nantucket two years ago...last time on I was on the island. Love these photos. The island is so beautiful and green. Love the classic purple hyndrangea and the island grey shingle houses. Can't wait to get there this time and take more photos!

Hydrangeas outside a house in Nantucket
Exterior of a classic Nantucket style island wood home with grey shingle siding and white trim. (above)

Anyhoooooooo, am headed to Nantucket to vist FF, CCF and godson CGF. They get a house on Nantucket every summer...leaving the sweltering heat of New Orleans behind. We have quite a schedule this weekend...includes a dinner/dance at a yacht club on Friday night, the Boston Pops concert on Saturday night and on another night a dinner/birthday party for CCF on an antique yacht owned by one of their friends.

I am flying Cape Air to get to the island. Have been several times and each time one of the airline's policies always gets me. When arriving at the ticket counter you are asked for your i.d. ...and you are asked how much you weigh! Here's how it goes usually (as it did today):

Me: "Hi, I would like to check in for the flight to Nantucket"...

Cape Air Rep: "May have your name, i.d. ...and how much do you weigh?"

Me: "How much do I weigh? Today?"

Cape Air Rep: "Yes. Today."

Me: "Well, I only ask about today because I was skinnier earlier this year...and then I stopped working out for a bit and that could have affected my weight a tad...."

Cape Air Rep: "Miss. How much do you weigh?"

Me: "How much....let's see....uhm, err, uh....?"

Cape Air Rep: "Miss...please"

Me: "Well I guess I weigh XXX????" (Notes: 1. I know I fudged a bit on my weight by a few pounds...can't have real weight recorded in Cape Air's records; and, 2. I should have told her I didn't know how much I weigh...which I don't because I have not gotten on a scale in months knowing that the reading would cause great displeasure...but if I said I didn't know how much I weighed (and told the truth...hmmm...truth...), she would have subjected me to further public humiliation by weighing me right there in the terminal!!! No thanks!!!!)

Me: "Yes that's it...I weigh XXX" (I liked the way this new number sounded so I repeated it.)

Cape Air Rep: (looking at me suspiciously)

Well, anyhooo, I made it to the gate, inspite of the "how much do you weigh" conversation...now sitting waiting for my flight and just found I did not make stand by for the earlier flight...so here I sit, waiting to get on a small plane, on the way to Nantucket, with CNN anchors ranting about the hacker "attack" on Twitter. A good day!

Wood bench overlooking the Atlantic Ocean in Nantucket
Wood bench on a cliff overlooking the water (Atlantic Ocean) in Nantucket. (above)
You have read this articlearchitecture / exterior design / Nbaynadamas / outdoor living / travel with the title VACATION DISPATCH: NANTUCKET BOUND - THE TRUTH WEIGHS HEAVY ON MY MIND!. You can bookmark this page URL https://nbaynadamas.blogspot.com/2009/08/vacation-dispatch-nantucket-bound-truth.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Thursday, August 6, 2009

Comments "VACATION DISPATCH: NANTUCKET BOUND - THE TRUTH WEIGHS HEAVY ON MY MIND!"

Post a Comment