Manufacturer of dining, living, home office and bedroom Furniture and Interior.

THE TIME IS NOW - PLEASE HELP HAITI!

Sitting room with a large clock on the ground, a ladder, round side table and black chaise lounge
Photo courtesy of Kravik&D'Orazio

As I sit in my little warm cottage in the Hollywood Hills tonight, I can only feel anguish for the people of Haiti in the aftermath of Tuesday's 7.0 earthquake. So many of them without homes, so many of them struggling to survive, so much despair. It makes me very sad. Poor Haiti.

I have family in Haiti - my aunt in particular. Needless to say, the past few days have been a bit stressful for our family. We have been worried. We did get a glimmer of good news today when we found out that there had been direct communication with my aunt and she seems to be fine so far. The news is bittersweet...as we watch as people there try to survive this catastrophe.

In my need to help, Wednesday morning I started to give to charities randomly (and a bit willy nilly)...it was the only thing I could do to feel useful. A text donation here and an online donation there...and a text here and an online there...and it has continued... Not scientific at all...I just have to keep on until things get better I think...I've got to do the little I can and hope it helps.

As many of you regular readers know, I rarely ask you to do anything except for last week's giveaway and a hope that you'll comment from time to time on something you like...but now, I am asking...please help Haiti if you can. Probably many of you have already. Maybe some of you don't plan to. Maybe some of you just can't because of things going on in your own lives (and my heart goes out to you too then). But for those of you who are considering, think of the people there who are suffering, think of the people and children who will need to rebuild their homes and their lives.

I know helping and giving is a personal choice so this is simply a heartfelt request not a mandate of course. However you can, whether you donate to a charity, or volunteer, or just even thinking good thoughts. I think anything will help right now.

The next charity I am giving to is Habitat for Humanity because I want to be optimistic that the relief efforts will work in Haiti and that the people will rebuild. Habitat for Humanity is about building homes, giving people shelter, a cozy place to rest and to be with those they love. Seems like this would be a good charity for me to give to next as I do have a slight inclination towards all things home and hearth.

I hope you will help Haiti too in some way...

xo
Coco
You have read this articleNbaynadamas with the title THE TIME IS NOW - PLEASE HELP HAITI!. You can bookmark this page URL https://nbaynadamas.blogspot.com/2010/01/the-time-is-now-please-help-haiti.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Thursday, January 14, 2010

Comments "THE TIME IS NOW - PLEASE HELP HAITI!"

Post a Comment