Manufacturer of dining, living, home office and bedroom Furniture and Interior.

WEEKEND PHOTO: DESIGN HEAVEN IN ATLANTA!

Photos by Coco of Nbaynadamas
Close up of the Nbaynadamas display in Atlanta
Close up of the Nbaynadamas display in Atlanta features two new throws - Stripe in peacock blue and Quatrefoil in brown!(above)

Who knew that Atlanta would be this amazing in terms of design? Well I'm sure all of the "in-the-know design crowd" knew. I didn't.

I got here on Thursday late night toting two huge suitcases; one with clothes and shoes (jam packed) and the other filled with several new Nbaynadamas throws and the new fabric swatch book we just had made.

In the morning yesterday...I got a bit of a late start...so at about noon, I wheeled my goods over to see my collection at the presitgious Christian Mosso & Associates Showroom in the AmericasMart building.

The building was abuzz when I arrived. Buyers, designers, exhibitors all prattling about design...oooohhing...awwwing...poking...examining...touching...feeling...scrutinzing...enjoying all of the fabulous design on show. This market is HUGE.

So I wheeled my huge Tumi filled with throws up to the 9th floor and I came upon the most gorgeous showroom ever...it just happened to be the Christian Mosso & Associates Showroom...my showroom...woohoooo! It is elegant. Light, airy, filled with stunning textiles collections, lots of attractive people nicely dressed floating around and smiling. The showroom is owned by husband and wife team Christian and Laura Mosso...who are just amazing. The showroom is managed by Nicole Wicking who is equally as amazing, nice, helpful and so much fun - a new friend I think in Atlanta.

I didn't get great pictures yesterday because I couldn't get my camera settings right...but the showroom is filled with some of the best names in linens and textiles.  Peacock Alley, Pine Cone Hill, Serena & Lilly, Brahms Mount, PomPom, Ankasa, Coyuchi, Designers Guild, Kumi Kookoon and so many more great textile lines in the 20,000 square foot showroom. Whoa...I feel like I'm with the big guys now.

Because this is my first show in this showroom, I have a small little corner...a lovely little display wall in the window on end. I was so happy to see Nbaynadamas in its permanent home in Atlanta. The entire collection isn't here and I don't have a formal booth set up...but this will do for now. I am very happy.

Had lots of interest and a great customer come in from Chattanooga, TN last night..she bought nearly the whole collection. Wow! She was really quite chic and cute too. Will tell you more about her and her store in the future.

So far so good in Atlanta!

Nbaynadamas display corner at the Christian Mosso & Associates showroom in Atlanta
The Nbaynadamas display corner at the Christian Mosso & Associates showroom in Atlanta (above)

Peacock Alley section at the Christian Mosso Associates Showroom in Atlanta
Peacock Alley section at the Christian Mosso Associates Showroom in Atlanta (above)

More on the showroom and my neighbors there....gorgeous linens...and the overall show to come!  Got a chance to walk around the temporary booths yesterday and there are some awesome furniture goodies.  This market must be millions of miles long...me and a friend from Brahms Mount got lost yesterday looking for a particular manufacturer.  It is truly design heaven.

Happy Saturday to you!

xo
Coco

P.S. I must give a big huge shout out and thanks to my fantastic assistant Katie. She is just amazing.  She made sure all of the goods got here to Atlanta.  She is a total professional and a delight to work with.  Katie started with me about two months ago and has just been so helpful.  She is not here with me but she'll be coming to the New York show with me.  Nice work Katie!  (Also, some other good news regarding the New York Gift Fair... my sister might spend a day or two in the booth with us in NY as well...if she can get off of work (she's a busy attorney but she is going to try to come))!

P.P.S. A huge rug manufacturer came by to talk to me about possibly partnering on a project...that was exciting...we'll see what happens there.

P.P.P.S. Tonight our showroom is having a party with a band. And all day they have snacks, food and drink for clients and passersby. It is such a nice way to spend the day...in a showroom with gorgeous textiles, chatting with designers and manufacturers, sharing stories and making new friends. I feel very lucky.


All photos in this post by Coco of Nbaynadamas
You have read this articleAnkasa / atlanta / Atlanta market / Christian Mosso Associates / design show / linen / Nbaynadamas collection / Nbaynadamas display / Peacock Alley / textiles with the title WEEKEND PHOTO: DESIGN HEAVEN IN ATLANTA!. You can bookmark this page URL https://nbaynadamas.blogspot.com/2011/07/weekend-photo-design-heaven-in-atlanta.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Saturday, July 16, 2011

Comments "WEEKEND PHOTO: DESIGN HEAVEN IN ATLANTA!"

Post a Comment