Manufacturer of dining, living, home office and bedroom Furniture and Interior.

INSIDE HISTORIC NEW ORLEANS HOMES - HAPPY MARDI GRAS

The front porch of an historic Garden District home in New Orleans (above)
Happy Mardi Gras! I miss New Orleans this time of year.  Mardi Gras season is so much fun for me when I am there because of my friends.   A few years back, I was a regular in New Orleans at this time of year visiting best of friend FF who lives in a stunning mansion on Saint Charles Avenue with her hubby CCF and my godson CGF.

Year after year I went to celebrate with FF and her family, dear friend FM and her family and my other dearest of dear friend JH and her hubby DH would also come into town. FF's husband CCF has a way of saying the "party" in a relaxed elegant way...it just draws you into the party spirit of New Orleans during Mardi Gras.

It is always eventful when I go to Mardi Gras.  One year I got hit in the head with a bag of beads and it knocked me out for a few minutes...but I was still smiling and enjoying myself with a swollen nose and a big lump on my head minutes later. Laissez le bon temps rouler! The year before, I attended a black-tie Mardi Gras party with FF, CCF, CGF and all of their family - I donned the required long leather white gloves with my ball gown and watched the Mardi Gras pomp and ceremony unfold in front of me.  The highlight of all my Mardi Gras trips was riding the parade route atop a float...winding through the streets of one of the most amazing cities in the country...taking in the sights and the people.  FF is a member of a Mardi Gras krewe and has invited me two times to throw beads with her on a float (dressed as lobster once and then as king another time).  It has been an honor to experience New Orleans as an insider.

This year I am here, longing to be there...I just saw a picture of FF on Facebook...I think the float theme this year was Elvis!

Anyhoooooo...now to these homes.  Here is a peak inside three wonderful New Orleans homes that found owners willing to take the time to renovate them.

1. CAPTAIN'S HOUSE
This 6700 square foot home built in 1859...once belonged to a steamboat captain.  It cost $972,000 to purchase and another $500,000 to update it and renovate it. (above and below)





2) GENTILE GARDEN DISTRICT MANSION

It took 10 years to renovate this 10,000 square foot Garden District mansion (above)

Italiante furnshings compliment the home's architecture.



3) REMODELED FAMILY HOME
A 5000 square foot 19th century white clapboard home was renovated to become more 



Which of these New Orleans gems is your favorite?  I think I'm loving what was done to the Captain's home the best.

Happy Tuesday!  Happy Mardi Gras!

xo
Coco

P.S.  Had a great dinner last night with Beata Heinrichs, the brain behind Hedgehouse throw beds.  She is awesome.  I love what she is doing with her business.  We had a bit of a brainstorm.  She was so very helpful! Thank you Beata for a terrific dinner!


Photos: Wall Street Journal
You have read this articleGarden District / historic home / mansion / Mardi Gras / New Orleans / remodel / renovate with the title INSIDE HISTORIC NEW ORLEANS HOMES - HAPPY MARDI GRAS. You can bookmark this page URL https://nbaynadamas.blogspot.com/2014/03/inside-historic-new-orleans-homes-happy.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Comments "INSIDE HISTORIC NEW ORLEANS HOMES - HAPPY MARDI GRAS"

Post a Comment