Manufacturer of dining, living, home office and bedroom Furniture and Interior.

HAPPY MARDI GRAS!

View from the second floor of the Wedding Cake House in New Orleans
View outside my second floor window at the Wedding Cake House in New Orleans on February 20, 2009...Mardi Gras weekend!!! (above)
Hi! I am back in New Orleans...here to celebrate Mardi Gras with best friend FF and her family, husband CCF and my godson CGF!

It is about 8am and I just opened my window and it looks like a gorgeous morning here in NOLA. Bright blue sunny skies, a beautiful palm tree outside of my window, a gorgeous balcony with white balustrade and railing.

Staying on the second floor of this grand house this time...chose a gorgeous guest room with striped fabric walls, a beautiful Louis XVI french bed with red and and gold "bee" fabric, a beautiful crystal chandelier and a bathroom to die for!

Detail of a bedroom in the Wedding Cake House in New Orleans with a Louis style headboard upholstered in a red, gold and black "bee" patterned fabric and striped upholstered walls
Detail of my room at my friend's New Orleans home with a Louis style french bed upholstered in a fanciful "bee" patterned fabric in red, gold and black. Striped upholstered walls make this room a delightful resting place for a guest! (above)

We have a full day today and this weekend. FF told me via text before I got here "this Mardi Gras weekend is a marathon not a sprint...we are going to have to pace ourselves." Judging by the packed schedule she told me about last night when I got in...it is going to be a full on party for the days to come!

First stop...two luncheons in the French Quarter. Luncheons for two different krewes...

Will explain all the details later...just know that my weekend here involves a float, a costume and lots of beads!!!

Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler encore une fois!

Photo in this post by Coco of Nbaynadamas
You have read this articleNbaynadamas with the title HAPPY MARDI GRAS!. You can bookmark this page URL http://nbaynadamas.blogspot.com/2009/02/happy-mardi-gras.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Friday, February 20, 2009

Comments "HAPPY MARDI GRAS!"

Post a Comment