Manufacturer of dining, living, home office and bedroom Furniture and Interior.

AM DECO: SEEING THE FOREST FOR THE TREES IN MARIMEKKO BEDDING!

Three patterned duvet covers from Marimekko with graphic tree paterns by Maija and Kristina Isola
Marimekko - Tuuli Bedding - Full/Queen Duvet Cover $215; King Duvet Cover $250 (Comes in brown/white, grey/white, black/white color combinations. 100% cotton sateen bedding. Pattern by Maija and Kristina Isola)(above)

I won't bore with you with another "I got a call from AM while she was shopping" story.

I swear I won't go through the details of trying to speak with my New York based best friend on the phone as she furiously shops her way through the city. I won't bore you with the specifics of our often comically cryptic and confusing conversations. I won't bore you with the word for word recap of AM blurting out names of things like "Tuuli...spelled T-U-U-L-I" and me attempting to decipher what she is trying to say (actually, if I think about it, these conversations might help me as I get older...keeping the mind alert...as I work my way through the puzzle-like dialogue...kind of like those brain improving games). I won't bore you with another "aha moment" where after minutes of saying (sometimes screeching), "AM...what are you saying...I can't hear you!", I finally grasp what she is speaking about. I won't bore you with another tale of my eardrums being tested as she drops the phone or she starts double speaking to me AND someone in the store. I won't bore you with the part when I ask her to ask the person in the store if I can have permission to post photos for an AM DECO segment and when she puts me on speaker and then walks away from her phone...leaving me and a stranger in a bizarre inaudible incoherent phone introduction. And I won't bore you with another recounting of the moment she hangs up on me mid sentence because she is bored with our conversation and has moved onto something else.

What I will do in this AM DECO is show you the beautiful Tuuli Marimekko bedding that AM found while shopping at the Marimekko concept store on the upper eastside (see above).

AM bought the black and white Tuuli pattern for her black and white and red themed baby room. Love the silhouette like tree pattern on this bedding.

Took the liberty of picking out a few other Marimekko bedding patterns that I like involving trees, branches and flowers. See below.

Tan and white bedding with a blossoming tree from Marimekko
Lumimarja Euro Twin Bedding - $121 for twin duvet/pillow set (100% cotton sateen. Tan and white bedding with blossoming tree) (above)


Duvet cover with grey and black trees from Marimekko
Karhunputki Bedding - $169 full/queen duvet (100% cotton. Machine wash hot, gentle tumble dry. Pattern by Maija Isola. Duvet covers have button closure.Pillow shams have envelope closure and 2" flange)(above)


Duvet cover with black ground and white and green flowers from Marimekko
Unikko Sateen Bedding -$215 Full/Queen Duvet (black background with white and green signature flowers) (above)


Thank you Emily from Marimekko on the Upper Eastside for giving me approval to post these photos. Love the bedding!

P.S. There are some great beach towels on sale there now too...maybe, I'll do a Nbaynadamas Design on Sale Daily on Marimekko beach!
You have read this articleAM DECO / bedroom / Nbaynadamas with the title AM DECO: SEEING THE FOREST FOR THE TREES IN MARIMEKKO BEDDING!. You can bookmark this page URL http://nbaynadamas.blogspot.com/2009/07/am-deco-seeing-forest-for-trees-in.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Sunday, July 12, 2009

Comments "AM DECO: SEEING THE FOREST FOR THE TREES IN MARIMEKKO BEDDING!"

Post a Comment