Manufacturer of dining, living, home office and bedroom Furniture and Interior.

DESIGN ON SALE DAILY: LARGE LANTERN LUST!

Two white metal Moroccan style lanterns from Z Gallerie
Z Gallerie - Marrakech Lantern - on sale $39.99; regular $69.95 (Moroccan style white metal lanterns. 24"h x 11"w)(above)

So...stopped by Z Gallerie the other day on my way home from work...had seen a bird cage like thing in the window a few days before and had to see what it was. Walked into the store and realized that the white bird cage like thing was actually a Moroccan style huge lantern. A pierced metal piece with lots of Moorish details.

I stared, I gazed, I examined...and then I began rearranging the store window. Why not? Right? I took the large two foot tall lantern down from it's perch and put it on the floor, then moved it over to a coffee table, then onto a dining table in the window, then back to the floor, then moved it across the room and placed it (awkwardly) on an African inspired Bamileke side table (way too big for that small table/stool). It was after this last strange placement, that the lady in the store walked over. I backed away.

Okay...here was the problem...I love the lantern above...but I don't think it goes with my outdoor decor. I tried to reason and rationalize how I could make it work...but it won't. So I thought I should post it and a few others for someone else to possibly enjoy.

Anyhoo...I also love the idea of placing large lanterns in an outdoor living room, on a patio, in a garden, on a deck, or porch...perhaps next to a teak seating group, along the edges of a sparkling pool, flanking a doorway or entryway, or on the center of a colorful and well set outdoor dining table. Adds a nice touch of design at a reasonable cost. Love the idea of metal, glass and candle light...could make for a stunning night time outdoor party.

White iron lantern from cb2
cb2 - Lantern - on sale $39.95; regular $59.95 (Super-sized white iron frame wind proofs the flame behind four glass walls. 10"sq base x 19"h (24" with handle)) (above)


Arched steel and glass lanterns from West Elm
West Elm - Arched Metal Lanterns - on sale $39.95; regular $49 (28"h and 18"h. Steel-and-glass structures house pillar candles)(above)

In the end, the one that probably best fits my deck decor is the cb2 version. Will have to consider. Which one do you like best?
You have read this articleaccessories / candles / DESIGN ON SALE DAILY / Nbaynadamas with the title DESIGN ON SALE DAILY: LARGE LANTERN LUST!. You can bookmark this page URL http://nbaynadamas.blogspot.com/2009/07/design-on-sale-daily-large-lantern-lust.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Thursday, July 9, 2009

Comments "DESIGN ON SALE DAILY: LARGE LANTERN LUST!"

Post a Comment