Manufacturer of dining, living, home office and bedroom Furniture and Interior.

CASTLE TOUR: WORTHY OF ROYALTY ON THE OUTSIDE - BLANK CANVAS ON THE INSIDE!

Images courtesy of Light Locations

Exterior of Wardour Castle in England
Exterior of Wardour Castle in England. Palladian architecture in a English country setting. (above)

I promised a castle last week (somewhere on Facebook or Twitter or someplace)...so I'm delivering a castle...

This is going to sound weird...but I always thought I would live in a castle one day. Low and behold I found one. It is the Wardour Castle is Wiltshire England. Was browsing through locations agency Light Locations site and I saw the word "castle" and stopped. I immediately emailed the company to ask if I could use photos and they said, "YES"!!

A castle...my dream...wow...me in a castle...I can see it. I would happily even wear a crown if I had to...not a problem.

Turns out this castle was actually built in the late 1700's...it is a rebuild of an older castle that had fallen to ruins. Just about two hours outside of London, I think this would be a lovely spot to have. Don't you?

The castle does not belong to royalty..now this once regal neoclassical country home owned by the Lord Arundell of Wardour...is now used for locations for films and photo shoots...hmmmm...

No matter what is used for now...I'm focused. I want a castle. Simple.

Thought this remodeled castle interior could allow all of us to dream about what could be done with this space. Grand rooms, high ceilings, stunning architecture...I can see myself walking down the stairs in a ball gown now...hee hee...

Hope you enjoy!

Foyer in Wardour Castle with double staircases


Living room in Wardour Castle with high ceiling, wood floor, white sofas and armchairs and a fireplace

Living room in Wardour Castle with high ceiling wood floor, white sofas and armchairs and a fireplace

Living room in Wardour Castle with high ceiling wood floor, white sofas and armchairs and a fireplace

Living room in Wardour Castle with high ceiling wood floor, white sofas and armchairs and a fireplace


Kitchen in Wardour Castle with high ceiling wood floor, white cabinets and a long wood table


Foyer in Wardour Castle with staircase and a view of the second floor


Second floor of the Wardour Castle with columns and carved archways

Simple bedroom in the Wardour Castle

Modern bathroom in the Wardour Castle

Exterior of Wardour Castle in England

I think I love the double staircase the most. What would you do with this space...would you even want to live in a castle?

Have a nice Thursday!

xo
Coco

P.S. Go to the Nbaynadamas FACEBOOK PAGE for a little floral visual trivia - the idea of good friend CB who is vacationing in Michigan right now! Three photos..can you figure out the difference between botanicals and fauxtanicals...figure out which plants/flowers are real and which are fake!
You have read this articlecastle / england / historic home / modern remodel / Nbaynadamas / palace / travel with the title CASTLE TOUR: WORTHY OF ROYALTY ON THE OUTSIDE - BLANK CANVAS ON THE INSIDE!. You can bookmark this page URL http://nbaynadamas.blogspot.com/2010/06/castle-tour-worthy-of-royalty-on.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Thursday, June 17, 2010

Comments "CASTLE TOUR: WORTHY OF ROYALTY ON THE OUTSIDE - BLANK CANVAS ON THE INSIDE!"

Post a Comment