Manufacturer of dining, living, home office and bedroom Furniture and Interior.

NEW YORK HERE I COME!

New York skyline

So...I cried at the Delta check in desk this morning at 5:30a. I wept. Really I cried crocodile tears. It was my second time at Los Angeles Intl Airport in a 6 hour time frame and it was the second time someone told me I couldn't get to New York even though I had bought my ticket months ago...but mother nature was not on any one's side who had planned travel east yesterday...and even though I realized it was all beyond my control, the airline's control...I cried.

After months and months of rising at 5-6a and going to sleep at 2a in an effort to launch a home furnishings collection in NYC, my exhaustion just hit me at the Delta counter. I think out of shock that a girl was actually weeping at the counter, the nice baggage guy said he would pray for me. I felt bad then...I so appreciated the prayer but that put a few things in perspective. I am not curing cancer or saving lives, I'm just trying to achieve a personal goal I set for myself.

My booth at the New York International Gift Fair is being built today...and I wanted to be there to make sure everything looked okay. I am not there. I'm on a plane. I had everything planned and the plans just flew out the door (oh, I was just trying to get some Advil out of my purse, it fell over and all the contents fell out including my blackberry which is now in under-the-seat-airplane-no-mans-land...anyhoooooooo). There is a lesson somewhere in this. I know there is.

Tears and delayed flights aside, I am so excited to be going to NYC! I love New York as cliche as it may sound. I am staying with best of friend Anne and her hubby John and their kiddies. My best of friend Alyssa is flying in from London to give me hand...along with new friend Candice who is coming in from L.A. to work the fair with me. Best of friend Nicole is coming in to see me at the fair and I'll see JH, DH, A.Ro and a whole slew of others.

So while I have been tremendously unlucky today (the guy on the plane next to me has a terrible cold and just sneezed in the vicinity of my orange juice), I know I am very lucky to have the good fortune of loving family, friends, my health and a general curiosity and drive that have brought me here...on my way to New York to try with all my heart and energy to break out of my norm in a big way! We'll see what happens. To be continued for sure...

Xo
Coco

P.S. Uh...next post will be about decor...don't worry!

P.P.S. Thank you Abby for the nice Apartment Therapy post yesterday!

Photo: Siegfried Marque
You have read this articleNbaynadamas with the title NEW YORK HERE I COME!. You can bookmark this page URL http://nbaynadamas.blogspot.com/2011/01/new-york-here-i-come.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Thursday, January 27, 2011

Comments "NEW YORK HERE I COME!"

Post a Comment