Manufacturer of dining, living, home office and bedroom Furniture and Interior.

A STAYCATION AT CASA DEL MAR - DESIGNING A FAB VACATION RIGHT HERE AT HOME!

All photos in this post by Coco of Nbaynadamas
Guest room in Casa del Mar in Santa Monica with hard wood floor, carpeting , a desk with a wood chair and an armchair
Entering a delightful guest room at hotel Casa del Mar in Santa Monica!

Oh how I need a vacation...a real vacation! Ever since deciding to launch the Nbaynadamas collection over a year ago, I haven't really taken a proper vacation (I did go to Mexico for a few days but needed way more time there, I missed Nantucket this summer, had to cancel Paris this summer and so much more). Still no time to take a good vacation...but why not a "staycation"?

My sis DS and the guy she's seeing keep on taking "staycations"...I think it is kind of funny because she'll call me and say, "I'm on "staycation" this weekend so I'll be out of the loop". I don't understand why she just doesn't say, "I'm hanging out with XX for the weekend, I'll call you Sunday." Instead I'll get a very serious call in the middle of her busy work day usually on a Thursday, where she says, "Hey Coco, I will NOT be available this weekend." And I say, "Okay." Then she says (proudly kind of), "I'll be on staycation." Then she mumbles something about the project she is working on at work and then hangs up. LOL! I find this quite amusing.

Anyhoooo...the thought of a "staycation"...getting away right at home is sounding more and more appealing to me...especially after seeing this MARVELOUS room at Casa del Mar in Santa Monica. Was invited to a fab dinner at Casa del Mar by the equally fab Sarah Robarts of Ballantines PR (who also happens to be a good friend) and she said in her lovely British accent, "Would you like to have a little look at the rooms here?"...I had in fact never seen the rooms at the hotel so I said yes. It was a true delight when I walked into one of the guest rooms. So delightful that I asked to come back during the day to take a few photos.

Anyhooooooo...from an interior design perspective, I am absolutely loving the guest rooms at Casa del Mar. Apparently remodeled a few years ago, the rooms in this 1920s hotel are cool, relaxing, fresh, inviting, clean, soothing and to top it off have an ocean view!! Oh my oh dear oh my, I need a "staycation" right in this hotel room! I love the cool blues and grey tones...monochromatic to a certain extent...but just the right way to be monochromatic. I like the textures, the painted furniture in soft white, the wall unit, the beachy accessories, the to-die-for marble bath and did I mention the view? I did mention the ocean view but I'll mention it again.

Close up of the wall unit in a Casa del Mar guest house with built in bookshelves, a TV, desk, and a beautifully carved chair


Close up of a painted carved wood chair in Casa del Mar in Santa Monica


Bed in a Casa del Mar guest room with canopy bed, light blue walls, chest of drawers, mercury mirrors and chaise lounge at the foot of the bed


Blue armchair, yellow throw and a Chinese garden stool in a guest room at the Casa del Mar


Close up of the blue and tan graphic printed carpet in a guest room at Casa del Mar

Close up of the painted white, carved desk chair in a Casa del Mar guest room


view of Santa Monica beach from Casa del Mar


marble bathroom at Casa del Mar with a step in tub, pedestal sink and a TV


Close up of the marble tub and window into the bedroom in a Casa del Mar guest room


Bed in a Casa del Mar guest room with canopy bed, light blue walls, chest of drawers, mercury mirrors and chaise lounge at the foot of the bed

Close up of two framed pieces of art depicting a sea shell and a star fish at Casa del Mar

Pillows on the bed at a Casa del Mar

Close up of a gingham pillow with fringe at the Casa del Mar

canopy bed in Casa del Mar with a view out of Santa Monica beach


View of Santa Monica beach from a window in Casa del Mar

Hmmm...this is food for thought...or design for thought I should say! I may need to take my own "staycation" right here in L.A.! Just might need to!

Where might you "staycation" near you? Do you like this room? Would you want to stay here? I know I would!

Happy Thursday!

xo
Coco

P.S. These photos were taken yesterday and it was a GORGEOUS day at the beach. Gotta love California!


All photos in this post by Coco of Nbaynadamas
You have read this articleCasa del Mar / hotels / Nbaynadamas / vacation with the title A STAYCATION AT CASA DEL MAR - DESIGNING A FAB VACATION RIGHT HERE AT HOME!. You can bookmark this page URL http://nbaynadamas.blogspot.com/2011/03/a-staycation-at-casa-del-mar-designing.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Thursday, March 10, 2011

Comments "A STAYCATION AT CASA DEL MAR - DESIGNING A FAB VACATION RIGHT HERE AT HOME!"

Post a Comment