Manufacturer of dining, living, home office and bedroom Furniture and Interior.

SEE THIS HOUSE: DREAMY RUSTIC RETREAT!

Living room with reclaimed wood beams, a super tall white wood paneled and plank covered fireplace, 2.5 story windows, a wood floor with a sea grass rug, a white sofa with matching armchair, and a round ottoman
Majestic reclaimed wood beams, a super tall white wood paneled and plank covered fireplace, and 2.5 story windows create an awe inspiring rustic living room. (above)
Two SEE THIS HOUSE posts back to back...I know...I could be a little more creative...but I couldn't help myself when I landed on this home...I had to show the whole thing!

Lately have been drawn to things rustic for some reason...I don't know why...not my usual aesthetic...but as of late, I've come across some wonderfully rustic retreats and have started having rustic retreat dreams! Normally when I think rustic, I think woodsy outdoors, rugged lifestyle, rough hewn surfaces. Now when I think rustic...I will only think of this house!

This home pictured here is one of the best rustic retreats I've seen. It is in Lake Martin, Alabama...a lake somewhere between Montgomery and Birmingham it seems. To me, this house is somewhere between perfect and perfection. Built for a young couple as their vacation dream house, it fits the bill as my dream lake house too...huh wonder if they would share?

Atlanta Home & Lifestyles Magazine featured this spectacular lake home designed my new favorite interior design firm, Alabama and Florida based Tracery Interiors.

I love this home in fact...it's a perfect mix of rustic with some French influences, lots of white and wood tones, with simple classic lines that are so easy on the eye.

Turns out, the designer says only natural materials were used both in and out...no sheet rock or drywall on the walls in this home.  Bathrooms walls are covered in marble, bedroom walls are wood planks painted white, and living room ceiling is architecture at its best being made entirely of reclaimed wood!

Okay...now I'm getting stressed.  I need a retreat.  I need this house.  I'm tired.  Worked until 12:30a working on a project with new Nbaynadamas assistant KS and didn't get to sleep until 2:30a. And then need to be into regular work by 9a. I need a rustic getaway that is not so rustic...just like this...no camping rusting for me...this casual but luxurious rustic is perfect for where I am at right now!  I'll stop whining now so you can enjoy this lakeside home!

Dining room with high ceiling, wood floor, and a long table surrounded by high back phillips chairs

Second seating area in a rustic dining room with high ceiling, exposed reclaimed wood beams, a white sofa, a tree trunk table and light blue metal chairs with white round cushions
The second seating area in the large living room. (above)

White rustic kitchen with stainless appliances, wood floor, two black and white pendant lights, Carrara marble countertops, and two islands one for preparing food which has white drawers and black detailing and the other for dining which is surrounded by white stools
The white kitchen features two center islands...one for prepping food, one for dining! (above)

Organized white pantry with a black ladder on wheels to make reaching high cabinets easier
Must love a well organized pantry with a library style ladder on wheels that helps get to hard to reach upper cabinets. (above)

Rustic bedroom with white beadboard walls, a stained wood floor, sea grass rug, four windows with roman shades, an ottoman at the foot of the bed and a round mirror above the bed

Bedroom with white beadboard walls and exposed beams, high ceiling, a tall, tufted grey headboard, mirrored side table, a grey rug and a crystal chandelier

Shower white tile tile on the walls with a patterned accent stripe tile, two gold shower heads, hexagon tiles on the floor and a stone towel holder

Bathroom with tile walls and an accent stripe, a window with sheer black curtains, a chandelier and a silver stand alone bathtub

What do you think of this lake vacation home? Take it or leave it? Anything in particular you like? Anything that would work for you in your ideal rustic retreat?

Happy Tuesday!

xo
Coco

Photos: Atlanta Homes &Lifestyles Magazine
You have read this articlebarn / barns / French / marble / modern rustic / natural materials / Nbaynadamas / plank walls / reclaimed wood / SEE THIS HOUSE / vacation / vacation home with the title SEE THIS HOUSE: DREAMY RUSTIC RETREAT!. You can bookmark this page URL http://nbaynadamas.blogspot.com/2011/05/see-this-house-dreamy-rustic-retreat.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Comments "SEE THIS HOUSE: DREAMY RUSTIC RETREAT!"

Post a Comment