Manufacturer of dining, living, home office and bedroom Furniture and Interior.

WEEKEND PHOTO: THE FRONT OF MY HOUSE AND A LANDSCAPE DILEMMA!

Photo in this post by Coco of Nbaynadamas
Front patio with Japanese Maple, impatiens, ivy and winding flagstone steps
My "front yard"! (above)
As most of you know, I live in a tiny tiny tiny cottage in the Hollywood Hills. My house is located on a small trail nestled among the trees on its own little knoll.

This is the front of my house.

Out front, there's a lovely little colorful Japanese maple that my gardener recommended, some fuchsia and white impatiens and 25 winding flagstone steps that lead up to my 1940's house (mini house actually). Oh did I mention the oodles and oodles of ivy out front...including two slightly bizarre ivy covered trellises (I did not put those there...the previous owner did).  I chuckle when I look at those trellises sometimes as I walk up the stairs after a long day at work...they just look so strange....like ivy monsters or something...serving no purpose really...but I haven't gotten rid of them even after almost 8 years of owning this house! :-)

I have a small "outdoor decor" dilemma today...landscaping issues...

My little Japanese maple out in front of my house looks so wonderful right now...bright and vibrant...full of those fabulous deep purple leaves. I love it when leaves come back. I am thinking though of changing this Japanese maple out for an evergreen miniature tree like a little kumquat or something.  Reason...for about 1/2 of the year my little maple has no leaves...and it is little depressing to come home to a scrawny little tree that really just looks like a bunch of twigs. I don't know what to do here. I LOVE the way this cutie looks in spring and summer...but I nearly loathe the way it looks in the winter...

Do I keep the maple tree or do I dig it up and find a little evergreen tree?  What do you think dear readers? Take or leave the maple...?

Am off to the Pasadena Rose Bowl flea market this morning!  Wish me some good vintage hunting!

Happy Sunday!

xo
Coco

P.S. Do you have any part of your yard that you are particularly proud of?  If so, please send me photos and maybe I'll post!  Nbaynadamas@gmail.com

P.P.S. I know, I really should be addressing those two heaps of ivy on the slope behind the tree...but that is for another landscape dilemma Sunday!

P.P.P.S. Follow me on Nbaynadamas Twitter because throughout the morning I will tweet finds from the Rose Bowl Flea Market...from around 9:30am-11:00amPST.

Photo in this post by Coco of Nbaynadamas
You have read this articlecottage / flagstone / flagstone steps / flowers / Hollywood Hills / impatiens / landscape / landscaping / plants / stairs / steps / tree / yard with the title WEEKEND PHOTO: THE FRONT OF MY HOUSE AND A LANDSCAPE DILEMMA!. You can bookmark this page URL http://nbaynadamas.blogspot.com/2011/06/weekend-photo-front-of-my-house-and.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Sunday, June 12, 2011

Comments "WEEKEND PHOTO: THE FRONT OF MY HOUSE AND A LANDSCAPE DILEMMA!"

Post a Comment