Manufacturer of dining, living, home office and bedroom Furniture and Interior.

HOW A LITTLE ZEBRA CAN GO A LONG WAY - ANIMAL PRINT USED JUST RIGHT!

Living room with super high ceilings, exposed beams, arched windows, herringbone wood parquet floors, a piano, and very neutral furnishings except for two upholstered zebra print chairs

I received an email from interior designer Martha Moos asking to sign up for the daily Nbaynadamas email blast the other day. Her email signature had a link to her interior design site and of course I couldn't help myself to do a little design hunting. While browsing through her portfolio, I came across these images of a home she styled in Westlake Village, CA.  The house is enormous...8000 square feet...and so is this living room!  I loved these photos of this living room with super duper high ceilings, exposed beams, arched windows, herringbone wood parquet floors, very neutral furnishings except for two upholstered zebra print chairs.  The chairs make the space...adding a punch of texture and bold pattern to the neutral space

I am personally terrified of animal prints. I bought one zebra lumbar pillow years ago and it comes out from time to time in my little den when guests come over. I like the hint of animal print here and there...but am overall terrified of it looking not quite right. My little pillow works.  That's as adventuresome as I'll get.  But I do like seeing a nice hide rug with a zebra print in a simply decorated room and I love the way Martha used a little more zebra print hide on these custom upholstered chairs.

Nice.
Close up of the zebra print chairs in a living room with herringbone wood parquet floors and neutral furnishings

Here are some small doses of zebra. Not all together for sure...but any one of which might work in decor or even maybe try adding a bit of zebra to your wardrobe (just a touch, just a minor minor touch)!

Zebra print Hadley Bench
Hudson Boston - Hadley Bench - $2050 (above)

Zebra Cushion
Barneys New York - Zebra Cushion - $165 (above)

Zebra print Cavallino belt
Saks Fifth Avenue - Cavallino Belt - $570 (above)
How much zebra would you put in your home?  Would you ever wear any zebra?  I might do that cute x-bench above in my den (replace the zebra lumbar)!  What do you think?  Hmmm...

Thank you Martha for the photos!

Happy Thursday!

xo
Coco



Photos: Kim Reierson
You have read this articleanimal print / zebra belt / zebra chairs / zebra pillow / zebra print with the title HOW A LITTLE ZEBRA CAN GO A LONG WAY - ANIMAL PRINT USED JUST RIGHT!. You can bookmark this page URL http://nbaynadamas.blogspot.com/2011/09/how-little-zebra-can-go-long-way-animal.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Thursday, September 8, 2011

Comments "HOW A LITTLE ZEBRA CAN GO A LONG WAY - ANIMAL PRINT USED JUST RIGHT!"

Post a Comment