Manufacturer of dining, living, home office and bedroom Furniture and Interior.

SEE THIS HOUSE: A $20 MILLION SOUTHERN GEORGIA BELLE!


So...I am not too familiar with the South. Am sorry to say have not spent much time traveling the southern part of our nation. This is not to say I haven't been south at all...have had quick glimpses of North Carolina, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky and others over the years.

Truth be told the most of the time I've spent in the South has been in New Orleans visiting with best of friend FF. I've spent a lot of time New Orleans and love it. Because of my glamorous visits to my friend's fabulous mansion in New Orleans, I think I think that all Southerners lead a genteel life and live in mansions or in grand estates.

Could my deductive reasoning here be flawed? You tell me. The South = New Orleans = I've only seen grand mansions on St. Charles Avenue when I am in New Orleans = so all Southerners live in grand mansions! Tah dah. Is this correct? A+B=G. That's the way I rationalize things in my life. For example, when I'm shopping, I use the same type of reasoning. Cute black dress = I've seen many cute black dresses in the Prada store = the only place that has cute black dresses is the Prada store because I've seen cute black dresses there = I must buy a black dress from Prada. See how it works? Makes sense? Right? (Rhetorical...don't answer).  I think we took a whole section on reasoning in law school...clearly I must have had an itsy bit of trouble with that course...hmmm...

Anyhoooo...to try to justify my faulty reasoning...I went and found another grand mansion in the South. This time outside of Atlanta. So there...more grand estates in the south.  See?

This one is almost 18,000 square feet on over 20 acres of land. 6 bedrooms, 9 baths, a pool, guest house, right on a lake too. Hmmm...must get to the South more often to see more grand mansions!

Oh did I mention the price tag of $19.9 million for this traditional Georgian style brick house (large house)?  Take a look at some Southern charm!





Love the color on the library walls...I call this color Philadelphia blue because I've seen it throughout the historic buildings there. (above)







I think I love the parquet floors in the foyer and the herringbone wood floors in the hallway the most. Then comes the color of that library! I also think that bath is quite nice.

Does this Southerner charm you? Would you take this house or leave it? What do you like? What might you change? Do tell!

Happy Tuesday! (Happy back to school!)

xo
Coco

Photos: Sotheby's International Realty
You have read this articlebrick exterior / estate / Georgian style / herringbone wood floors / house for sale / mansion / parquet floors / real estate / real estate listiing / real estate listing / SEE THIS HOUSE with the title SEE THIS HOUSE: A $20 MILLION SOUTHERN GEORGIA BELLE!. You can bookmark this page URL http://nbaynadamas.blogspot.com/2011/09/see-this-house-20-million-southern.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Comments "SEE THIS HOUSE: A $20 MILLION SOUTHERN GEORGIA BELLE!"

Post a Comment