Manufacturer of dining, living, home office and bedroom Furniture and Interior.

VIVID - DESIGNING A MERRY RED HOLIDAY SEASON!

Kitchen with black counter tops, bright red drawers and cabinets and stainless appliances
Bright red kitchen cabinets! (above)
Awhile back I posed the pressing question...red v. orange in home decor?  I know...other pressing questions really do exist...but at that as my mind wandered...as it does so often, I thought, "I must wonder out loud...which color is better red or orange?  I must ponder this...".  Bizarre I know...but I did manage to spend a bit of time thinking about that question.  I know I could have been doing some real good in the world in even the ten minutes I spent way back when I first asked this question...but instead I was probably sitting in my velour Juicy Couture sweat pants thinking "Huh, I wonder what I like better, huh, hmmm, huh...red or orange?  Hmmm..."  Well, the bad news was, I didn't have a definitive answer back then...but now I do!  Hoorah...we can all breath a sigh of relief.  The answer is here. (P.S. do not laugh at me regarding the Juicy sweat pants I wear as my around-the-house garb...I really find them so comfortable...so comfy that sometimes I even sleep in them...is that bad???). 

Anyhooo....the answer...yes the answer...

Red. Red. Red is my answer.  I like red.  The trends say like orange I'm sure...I don't care...I love a wonderful vibrant red in all aspects of design including fashion. 

Wouldn't I just love to wear this amazing gown to a holiday party this next month?  I'd show up in this gown even if they said it was a hay ride and plaid flannel shirts were the recommended attire.

In decor, there is nothing like a bright red door to cheerfully welcome visitors inside.  I even like these red cabinets...the rest of the kitchen has wood grain cabinets but then the stove area pops with this vibrant red.

Red evening gown from Giambattista Valli's Fall 2011 Ready to Wear collection
Giambattista Valli Fall 2011 Ready to Wear - A vivid red gown! (above)

red winter berries
Positively red winter berries (above)

Exterior of a white house with curved, bright red door, two lantern lights on each side of the door and a stone tile walkway
Fire engine red front door! (above)

What do you think of this bright red?  To bright for you or is a touch here and there just right?  Do tell?  Do!

Happy Monday!

xo
Coco


Photos: Stacey Brandford; Elle.com; Brooks & Falotico
You have read this articlechristmas / evening gown / fashion / Giambattista Valli / holiday / red / red door / red dress / red kitchen cabinets with the title VIVID - DESIGNING A MERRY RED HOLIDAY SEASON!. You can bookmark this page URL http://nbaynadamas.blogspot.com/2011/11/vivid-designing-merry-red-holiday-season.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Monday, November 28, 2011

Comments "VIVID - DESIGNING A MERRY RED HOLIDAY SEASON!"

Post a Comment