Manufacturer of dining, living, home office and bedroom Furniture and Interior.

GOOD BYE 2011, HELLO 2012 - HAPPY NEW YEAR! (AND MY ONE RESOLUTION)!

Women sitting in the front row at a fashion show

Oh what a year it has been! A wild, fun, exciting, challenging, scary, incredible, fascinating year. Indeed. (there I go using indeed again!)

This exact day in 2010 I made my resolution for 2011. It was "to be brave". I think I accomplished that resolution.

As most of you all know, at the end of January 2011 I launched the Nbaynadamas textiles collection and home furnishings line. That's when my marathon began. I've run hard over the last year...the race isn't over yet...but so far, launching this collection and lifestyle brand has been one of the most rewarding things I've ever done in my professional life.

I didn't know when I started 2011 that the year would change me. I've worked harder than I've ever worked in my life, I've grown up a lot, I've learned to put things in perspective, and I've learned that the most valuable thing in life is not all we try to achieve but it is about the relationships and the people around us. I would not have made it through this year without the people around me most definitely.  It was the constant unwavering support from family and friends that got me through this year.  My mother, my big sister DS, my extended family, best of friend AM, and all of my dear dear friends  - they have been my cheerleaders.  Then there are the amazing people who have been instrumental in helping me launch and run this business (I've been so lucky) including KS (incredible), JC, JF, EF and SZ just to name a few.  Oh and did I mention all of the encouragement I received from the lovely readers here on Nbaynadamas...your words of  have kept me going along the way.   So I guess I could say I was brave but I was brave with a lot of back up. (Speaking of perspective...I do understand that there are people all around the world who face much bigger challenges than starting a business like mine.  The people who have had to be brave in situations where lives are at stake and/or when they face truly challenging life circumstances that make them have to rise to the occasion...my hat goes off to those people...they are the truly brave.)

Now onto 2012... If you don't mind in 2012,  I'll need to hold onto that bravery I resolved to have in 2011 only because I'll still be taking quite a few scary leaps this year, but then I'll add my new resolution for this year...

My resolution for 2012 is -  "To inspire".

A few weeks ago, after a quick trip to the South, I told you all that I hope my journey of launching a business and taking on things I've never imagined I would do, would inspire you to challenge yourselves too.  I am going to be doing bigger and better things this year with the Nbaynadamas brand...it's going to take a lot of that 2011 bravery to make it through this year as well...but along with being brave, I hope that my stories will encourage and inspire you to make your dreams come true. 

I can't tell you how much it means to me when I get an email from a reader who says that something on the blog has inspired them.  It makes me very happy...indeed.   I hope this year you will find even more inspiration here on Nbaynadamas - whether it be about interior design, decor, fashion or more importantly life.

Just an aside admission:  This "to inspire" resolution is not an entirely altruistic resolution...I get something out of it too.  When I hear stories from you on how you were inspired by something I wrote, or a photo on the blog, or by one of my stories, I get inspired...cyclical...if I inspire you...you inspire me.

It has been such an honor and a pleasure talking design, decor and sharing all that goes on in my sometimes comical world this last year with you.  Well tomorrow's a new year, a new day, a new beginning of sorts...here we go...let's do it!

I wish you much love, even more happiness and great success in 2012!

Happy New Year!

xo
Coco

Photo: Kelly Stuart
You have read this articleNew Year / resolution with the title GOOD BYE 2011, HELLO 2012 - HAPPY NEW YEAR! (AND MY ONE RESOLUTION)!. You can bookmark this page URL http://nbaynadamas.blogspot.com/2011/12/good-bye-2011-hello-2012-happy-new-year.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Saturday, December 31, 2011

Comments "GOOD BYE 2011, HELLO 2012 - HAPPY NEW YEAR! (AND MY ONE RESOLUTION)!"

Post a Comment