Manufacturer of dining, living, home office and bedroom Furniture and Interior.

THIS OR THAT: FLOATING A HOME OFFICE!

Floating wall length shelves in a home office with hardwood floor, a light blue shag rug and a white sofa

Well the New Year has begun and for most of us it is back to work today. I am running off to my regular job and leaving my "home office" behind (anywhere my laptop goes is my home office btw). Got me thinking about work spaces inside the home on this first official day back to work in 2012. I wish I had room in my tiny cottage in the Hollywood Hills where I could add some floating shelves along a wall with my desk or work top right under - a place where I could really work. Makes for a streamline neat environment to get things done. Nice storage too.

I like the idea of  incorporate floating shelves above a desk or work space.  In case you didn't know, floating shelves attach directly to the walls with brackets so they look like they are floating.  Probably much more cost effective than built in bookshelves as well.

Here are two spaces to consider - one in a home office with wall-to-wall shelves, the other is in a bedroom with a few shelves strategical placed above the a small desk.  Which do you prefer...THIS OR THAT?

Bedroom with a dark wood desk with matching floating shelves, a mirror, bean bag chair and trunk at the foot of the bed

I love the first use of floating shelves.  I like that the third lower shelf is the desk itself.  I also love the fact that shelves span the entire wall.  Which do you like best?  Or do you dislike the idea of this kind of shelving?  Do tell!

Happy Tuesday!

xo
Coco

Photos: House and Home Canada; Sabrina Linn
You have read this articlebooks / desk / floating shelf / floating shelving / home office / office / study / THIS OR THAT with the title THIS OR THAT: FLOATING A HOME OFFICE!. You can bookmark this page URL http://nbaynadamas.blogspot.com/2012/01/this-or-that-floating-home-office.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Comments "THIS OR THAT: FLOATING A HOME OFFICE!"

Post a Comment