Manufacturer of dining, living, home office and bedroom Furniture and Interior.

A FAMILY FRIENDLY BEACH HOUSE! (AND THE ANNOUNCEMENT I JUST CAN'T KEEP QUIET ABOUT)

Dining room in a beach house with a serena drum chandelier, large windows, wood floor, upholstered chairs around a vintage wood table

I was so happy to get an email from Paige Sumblin Schnell over at Tracery Interiors in Florida the other day. She was writing about a project she worked on with fellow interior designer Bess Marshall.

A 4000 square foot 4 bedroom, 4 bath beach house in Blue Mountain Beach, Florida that sits on the highest point of the Gulf of Mexico.  The house was designed as a vacation home for a family with 3 children.

Paige and Bess designed the space so the main areas mirror the natural environment just outside the home. "It all reflects our gulf water, white sand, and rolling dunes" says Paige.


kitchen in a beach house with white cabinets, an island with marble countertop, and small subway tile backsplash

desk in a beach house with an oval mirror, white drapes with a single brown and red stripe on the bottom with a red metal beach chair

exterior of a beach house in the Florida gulf

I love the two toned brown and white drapes in one of the bedrooms!

Thank you Paige and Bess for sharing this project!

Happy Wednesday!

xo
Coco

P.S.  Last night I had an absolute blast.  Best of guy friend BN and his wife and dear friend SN joined me for a party at chic Los Angeles showroom, Harbinger...owned by the equally chic Joe Lucas and Parrish Chilcoat.  The party was hosted by Traditional Home magazine for designer Bunny Williams.  It was also a blogger type event for some sort of design blog conference (which I did not attend btw).  Anyhooo...fab Associate Operations Manager KS (who loves the color pink...but for some reason was wearing red) came with her very nice boyfriend MF (who she says only wears dark colors) to hang out for a bit.  Fab public relations consultant Stephanie Tsai of Ink and Press also came (so did Amanda Youseff from Stephanie's company but I missed seeing her)!  I got there late (of course) and stayed late (of course)...but I managed to snap a few photos.

Inside the Harbinger showroom
The gorgeous Harbinger showroom as last night's party was winding down when I snapped this photo.  Earlier it was packed beyond belief.  Was happy everyone was gone because I could some of the amazing furniture in the space...love this bent wood original design Harbinger sofa table! (above)

P.P.S.  The cool thing about the night was running into and getting to catch up with so many fabulous blogging friends and designers including...Kristi Bender of Wendy Schwartz Design, designer Oliver Furth, fabulous designer/blogger Tobi Fairley, very nice Erin from House of Turquoise blog, Jennifer Powell from Kravet, Emily Ruddo from Armonia Decors, Vanessa de Vargas of Turquoise L.A., Cassandra Lavalle from Coco Kelley/Rue, Crystal from Rue, designer Darren Ransdell, Clara Hendon from Hillary Thomas Design, stylish designers Ron Woodson and Jamie Rummerfeld from Woodson & Rummerfeld...and the list goes on and on.  I also met some designers who are just starting out in the blogging world like Jana Hunter, Stacy Kunstel and Holly Hollingsworth Phillips!

P.P.P.S.  So...let's see...it is still February, coy and mysterious month... but I can't help it...I must share some news...(I know p.r. guru ST is thinking..."uh oh, here she goes again...just blurting stuff out")!  I hate to bury big news in a P.S. but I can't help myself...ughhhh...this is a real problem...my OSS (over sharing syndrome)...I can't seem to hold onto any news for very long...

P.P.P.P.S.  You should be proud of me, I held on for a whole P.S.

P.P.P.P.P.S.  So...here comes the big announcement (that I am announcing in a P.S. and that is only really big to me and maybe KS...)...drum roll....I am so thrilled to announce that prestigious furnishings showroom Harbinger has picked up the full Nbaynadamas to-the-trade fabric-by-the-yard collection and will represent Nbaynadamas fabric to-the-trade exclusively in the Los Angeles area! (Our Nbaynadamas finished textiles like pillows, throws and drapery will still be sold at other retailers around Los Angeles but for fabric by the yard, Harbinger is it!)  Phew...I got it out...I feel better.  Imagine how thrilled I was last night to see Nbaynadamas linen fabric hanging along side some of the most reputable names in textiles and my pillows thrown hither and thither around the showroom.  Thrilled beyond.  I hadn't been to the showroom before last night and I was delighted!  We still have to get so much more fabric to the showroom for display but we got the first batch there in time for the party!

Nbaynadamas fabrics hanging in the Harbinger showroom
Nbaynadamas fabrics hanging in the Harbinger showroom in Los Angeles! (above)

Nbaynadamas pillows in cubbies above designer Katie Ridder's textile collection
Nbaynadamas pillows in cubbies above designer Katie Ridder's wonderful textile collection. (above)

Nbaynadamas pillows at Harbinger
More Nbaynadamas at Harbinger! (above)
P.P.P.P.P.P.S.  I'll do a full story with pretty pictures about Harbinger very soon!  You've got to see all of the wonderful home furnishings they have there.

P.P.P.P.P.P.P.S.  After the event, BN, SN and I enjoyed a nice dinner at the bar across the street at STK.  Good food.  Good company.  Bizarre Tuesday night crowd.  It was like a club scene at a restaurant on a week night!


Photos: Tracery Interiors; Coco of Nbaynadamas
You have read this articlebeach house / events / Harbinger / Nbaynadamas collection / Nbaynadamas fabric / Nbaynadamas textiles / party / showroom / vacation home with the title A FAMILY FRIENDLY BEACH HOUSE! (AND THE ANNOUNCEMENT I JUST CAN'T KEEP QUIET ABOUT). You can bookmark this page URL http://nbaynadamas.blogspot.com/2012/02/a-family-friendly-beach-house-and.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Comments "A FAMILY FRIENDLY BEACH HOUSE! (AND THE ANNOUNCEMENT I JUST CAN'T KEEP QUIET ABOUT)"

Post a Comment