Manufacturer of dining, living, home office and bedroom Furniture and Interior.

SHOP WATCH: HAUS INTERIOR!

Photos by Coco of Nbaynadamas
Silver horse head statues mounted on wood blocks
Silver horse head statues mounted on wood blocks at Haus Interior in Los Angeles. (above)

Was driving down 3rd Street here in Los Angeles last Sunday afternoon.  I was running endless errands (still in my gym clothes after I had taken an early afternoon jaunt up and down Runyon Canyon).  As I was speeding down 3rd Street headed east I looked to my left and spotted a furniture store I had never seen before...so of course I immediately turned around to check it out.

Whenever I'm checking out a home furnishings shop for the first time, I get so excited.  I think it is like a bit of treasure hunt of sorts. You never know what you are going to find.  Totally geeky but I really do get a thrill about discovering a new spot.  It is particularly cool when I walk into a well curated shop and am immediately intrigued.  That happened last Saturday.

So in my mish mosh outfit of Lululemon work out pants, New Balance running shoes, my favorite huge oversized Alain Mikli sunglasses, a Chanel purse and a black baseball cap (I looked like a bizarre spy of sorts)...I slinked into this store to make my rounds.

The store is called Haus Interior.  There were two women sitting behind the counter in the back.  They said "Hi, let us know if we can help you." I nodded, shook my head and without much further ado, I began my investigation.

What I found was a really cool store.  Filled with a chic collection of items for the home.  Furniture, accessories, wool and cotton flat weave rugs and so much more.  The store has a mid century modern through 1970s throwback vibe.  Very eclectic mix all with a single vision in mind.  I did my first loop and touched almost every item on every shelf.  Then I finally spoke to the girls and said "Mind if I take a few photos?" and then my second loop began.  I loved all of the graphic patterned textiles and rugs.  The accessories were so well edited - each had a subtle boldness about them.

Turns out the Haus Interior shop is the is the second store owned by New York interior designer
Nina Freudenberger. The flagship Haus Interior was opened back in 2009 in Nolita in New York City and just late last year (I think the ladies at the shop said December 2011) Los Angeles got its own Haus!

Inside Haus Interior in Los Angeles
Inside Haus Interior in Los Angeles. (above)

polished metal lanterns with a leather strap
Great polished metal lanterns with a leather strap would make for fabulous candle holders both indoors and out. (above)

A metal shelf holding small objects propped in front of a graphic patterned flat weave dhurrie wool rugs are displayed hanging on the store's walls like wallpaper
Many of the graphic patterned flat weave dhurrie wool rugs are displayed hanging on the store's walls - almost like wallpaper. (above)

 super long, 1970s reproduction black and white plaid sofa
A super long plaid sofa is a 1970x retro reproduction throwback. (above)

monogrammed wood tray and graphic patterned coasters
A monogrammed wood tray and graphic patterned coasters. (above)

 flat weave cotton rugs in navy and white plaids and stripes rolled up in a metal hamper
Lots of flat weave cotton rugs in navy and white plaids and stripes. (above)

Two woven cubes stacked on top of each other
I love these woven cubes...perfect as foot stools or ottomans (above and below)

rattan lounge chair next too two wicker cubes stacked on top of each other
Nice rattan lounge chair! (above)

round decorative wall mirror with a leather strap
A round decorative wall mirror with a leather strap. (above)

interior of Haus Interior in Los Angeles, CA

See anything here you like? I love all of the graphic patterned rugs. Could you use these anywhere in your home to add a bold bit of texture? Or what style home furnishings do you prefer? Do tell.

Well if you are in L.A., I would suggest a drive by.

Haus Interior
8211 W. 3rd St.
Los Angeles, CA 90048
323.951.0151

Happy Friday!

xo
Coco

P.S. I also love the fact they are open on Sundays! Perfect for someone who works during the day like me and who can't make it to stores during the weekdays!

P.P.S. Sorry didn't blog yesterday. Was in San Francisco for the day for my regular job (you know the one where I am an entertainment executive in "Hollywood"). Is it weird that essentially I have 2.5 jobs I love...my day job is so exciting and interesting and the Nbaynadamas home furnishings collection is too...and then there is the blog...? Well anyhooo...for the first time ever in my life I got on a plane with just one small Prada messenger bag (you know those small nylon purses that Prada makes...the one I have is so cute because it was a special edition from a few years back...simple, lots of room and easy to carry), a coat and two Blackberries. I flew out at 6am and returned last night at 11pm. It was GORGEOUS yesterday in San Francisco. It is truly one of the most beautiful cities in the country. After a day of being on a shoot outside on the streets of SF, I met friend HW for a drink and then I flew out. Quite fun.

P.P.P.S.  This blog post almost made me miss my flight yesterday (notice it is the blog post that almost made me miss my flight and in no way shape or form was it poor planning on my part that almost made me miss a flight...the blog post (and not me) should be ashamed for stressing me out).  I got up at 3:30am to get dressed and blog before a planned departure for the airport at 4:30a from my little cottage in the Hollywood Hills.  Well I began uploading photos and editing others for this post on Haus Interior and before I knew it, it was 4:50am and my flight left at 6am.  I live in a tiny tiny little cottage miles and miles away from the Los Angeles airport...on a bad day the drive can be up to an hour.  Once I noticed the time, I immediately put aside the post and flew out of the door and literally flew to the airport and somehow by some miracle made the flight.  Oy.  Note to self...3:30am blogging before a flight is not a good idea.

P.P.P.P.S. Hope you have a fun weekend planned! Enjoy the last day of the week!

Photos by Coco of Nbaynadamas
You have read this articleequestrian / furniture / Haus Interior / horse / lantern / plaid sofa / rattan chair / round mirror / rugs / SHOP WATCH / square ottoman / store / striped rug / woven with the title SHOP WATCH: HAUS INTERIOR!. You can bookmark this page URL http://nbaynadamas.blogspot.com/2012/03/shop-watch-haus-interior.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Friday, March 9, 2012

Comments "SHOP WATCH: HAUS INTERIOR!"

Post a Comment