Manufacturer of dining, living, home office and bedroom Furniture and Interior.

REAL WELL DESIGNED HOMES!

Sweden Swedish dining room black painted feature wall white pendant light table chairs red green white wood floors
Mix and matched red and green chairs, white wood floors and a black painted feature wall make this eclectic dining room a lively eating space. (above)

Was browsing through Dos Family, a decor and design website created by Swedish designer Isabelle McAllister and photographer Jenny Branch when I popped into their House Tours segment.  Lots of interesting real homes in Sweden.  I use the word "real" because I do recognize that a lot of the homes that I feature here on COCOCOZY are "fantasy" high end homes with endless decorating budgets...well at least they are my fantasy.  I do however think it is equally as fun to sneak a peek into homes that are real and accessible and well designed.

Anyhooo...found quite a few fab vignettes on their site.  Here are just a few rooms that got me inspired!

arch foyer entry hall entrance home house all white decor design wood floors shoe coat rack
Love the all white decor aesthetic in shown in this home's entryway. (above)

minimalist decor living room gray cement floors beam ceiling white sofa wood tapered legs brass casters
Minimalist decor with a classic silhouette sofa on brass casters and a stack of magazines used as a side table in this Swedish living room. (above)

living room walls wallpaper flower floral purple green white leather chairs sofa plates herringbone wood floor decorate home
Floral wallpaper and a collection of plates and accessories on the wall create a visually interesting living room space...and uh love the herringbone wood floors. (above)

kitchen subway tile backsplash white black grout knife knives magnet rack floating shelf storage
I like the use of the backsplash in this kitchen...shelving, a magnetic knife rack and dangling cooking utensils free up the counter space for the cook. (above)
See anything here that inspires you?

Happy Thursday!

xo
Coco

P.S.  Floors in my little tiny cottage in the Hollywood Hills have been refinished...as you might recall, just weeks ago, I had new floors installed and finished.  Once done, I was not happy so the guys re-sanded and refinished my new floors.  I went to the house the other day to view and now I am happy.  Was going for a matte finish medium to light brown color with some gray. We used 7" wide white oak with a beveled edge so the yellows in the wood also come through.  I wanted to achieve more of a rustic cottage look...and I think these floors now work.  I am happy now.  5 days of painting and then I move back in!  Woohooo!  Floors are shown below.

My newly refinished wood floors at my tiny little house in the Hollywood Hills...these are 7" white oak boars with a beveled edge using a custom mixed stain of 3 parts white, 1 part ebony and matte water based varnish. (above)
P.P.S.  Will show you some paint options later in the week.

P.P.P.S.  Am so thrilled and excited...in just over a week or so I'll be in High Point, NC debuting my full rug and full bedding collections at market there!  Will preview all this week and next!

P.P.P.P.S. TE and I are going to San Francisco this weekend to see his brother ME and his sister-in-law SE! Can't wait!  Am so excited to see them again.  They are so sweet.  Will be fun hanging out with TE as well!  Of course...have not a thing to wear. Oh...TE's brother said "bring walking shoes"...had a panic attack...can imagine myself huffing and puffing my way up and down the hills of San Francisco and the rest of the group's shock at my lack of endurance! Oh dear.


You have read this articledecor / decorate / dining room / feature wall / interior design / kitchen / living room / style / sweden / swedish / white wood floors with the title REAL WELL DESIGNED HOMES!. You can bookmark this page URL http://nbaynadamas.blogspot.com/2013/04/real-well-designed-homes.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Thursday, April 11, 2013

Comments "REAL WELL DESIGNED HOMES!"

Post a Comment