Manufacturer of dining, living, home office and bedroom Furniture and Interior.

WINTER HOME LIVING ROOMS - THIS OR THAT

Modern ski house with curved ceiling and black accent wall
Aerin Lauder's amazing modern ski house! (above)
Snow storms, cold weather, the Winter Olympics on t.v., and did I mention the daytime temperature in Los Angeles hovering in the 60's...clear signs that we are definitely in the middle of winter!  I stepped out of my office in L.A. yesterday and shivered from the cold 65 degree air hitting me in the face! (I was born and raised in Los Angeles, so any temperature below 70 feels icy to me...)

I do not ski...or I refuse to ski...or I would probably injure myself if I tried to ski again.  Last time I went skiing was years ago with best of friend FF in Aspen...it was a comedy indeed...we had an Austrian ski instructor who kept saying to me "Get up...get up out of the snow Coco" and "If you do not go back up on the lift again, you will feel bad about yourself tomorrow."  I spent most of my ski time in a heap of poles and skis on the side of the mountain with 5 year olds swooshing by me with the greatest of ease.

Anyhooooo...just because I don't ski, doesn't mean mean I don't enjoy the mountains during the winter or ski in ski out living.   I spent some time last year at FF and CCF's Bachelor's Gulch home just outside of Vail...ski in ski out...with a jacuzzi...lots of fireplaces and more.  Quite lovely.

Wonder what kind of ski house living room I would rather spend my time in sitting and waiting by the fire watching skiers glide by...a quaint rustic cabin setting or a stunning modern chic mountain home?  So I bring you today a THIS OR THAT...featuring a lifestyle maven Aerin Lauder's modern ski house  living room in Aspen and another cozy classic ski lodge living room...you decide?

THIS

Aerin Lauder's modern winter home in Aspen with floor to ceiling windows
Aerin Lauder's modern winter home in Aspen stunning mountain views from large floor to ceiling windows.(above)

OR THAT

Fully wood paneled mountain home living room with stone slab fireplace and window seat
A cute fully wood paneled mountain house living room with stone slab fireplace and window seat. (above and below)

Fully wood paneled mountain house with a window seat

I think I would be most comfy in Aerin's modern ski house living room...simple, uncluttered and spectacular views and love the exposed beam ceiling.

Happy Thursday!

xo
Coco

Photos: Vogue; Axel Vervoordt

You have read this articlecabin / decor / decorate / lodge / modern rustic / mountain / rustic / ski / snow / THIS OR THAT with the title WINTER HOME LIVING ROOMS - THIS OR THAT. You can bookmark this page URL http://nbaynadamas.blogspot.com/2014/02/winter-home-living-rooms-this-or-that.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Thursday, February 6, 2014

Comments "WINTER HOME LIVING ROOMS - THIS OR THAT"

Post a Comment