Manufacturer of dining, living, home office and bedroom Furniture and Interior.

FAUXTANICALS - ARE FAKE FLOWERS NOW OKAY?!

Photos in this post by Coco of Nbaynadamas
Bouquets of fake orchids at Rolling Greens in Beverly Hills
Bouquets of fake orchids at chic Los Angeles home and garden shop. (above)

Was browsing through Rolling Greens on Beverly a few weekends back during my hunt for the perfect garden stool (will do a full post on this cute home and garden store this weekend or next week), when I ran into this display of gorgeous flowers. At first, I was convinced they were real orchids, hydrangea and others...but then I was curious...there didn't seem to be any water or the smell of flowers...so I approached cautiously, snapped a few photos, and then reached out to touch the delicate petals only to find that they were fake!

Then began my week of fake flower encounters (no names/initials used in encounters as I am not sure how I feel about fake florals yet...so don't want friends getting all feisty and in a stir because I mentioned their initials)

First fake flower encounter...one of my best friends calling me and saying "are fake flowers ever okay?". I responded with a resounding "no" only to have said best friend tell me she just spent over $100 on fake flowers. Hmmm....

Second encounter...then I received an email from another friend who owns a posh jewelry store in town, she recommended that I do a story on another friend of hers who does flower arrangements. I went on the friend of a friends website only to find a bunch of moss and wood and some faux stuff modern arrangements. When I wrote to the friend with the jewelry shop and asked, "are the flowers real"...she responded that the arrangements did not involve real flowers only maybe for weddings. Hmmmm...

Third encounter...then, another good friend of mine who works in New York for a famous fashion designer and does their in store displays called me to rave about a design she had just come up with that included high end silk flowers on mannequins. She sent me photos of her work and it looked quite nice. Hmmm....starting to get confused.

Fourth encounter...then, I asked my good friend who lives in Venice Beach who I think has great style if fake flowers are ever okay...and she said "never...except my mother has arranged some in our vacation home and they actually look pretty good".

Fifth encounter...a publicist randomly emails me about a client of hers who does faux flower arrangements...Hmmmm....this is now getting freakishly weird.

Why would I have 5 or more encounters with fake flowers in one week (aside...an animal is either crawling on my roof or in my walls right now as I write this...when spring comes, here in the Hollywood Hills invariably all kinds of critters come out of the woodwork...literally...yikes...sorry back to fake flowers...)?

Fake flower arrangements in Rolling Greens

Need your help readers...my first instinct is to say that fake flowers are always a "NO" in home decor, interior design, decorating etc (why have fake when you can have real has always been my thinking when it comes to flowers as accessories)...but now I may be starting to view fake flowers in a different light maybe (maybe) (maybe) (maybe) (maybe). These faux florals are popping up more and more in surprisingly stylish settings and after the coincidence of my fake flower encounters all in one week...does this mean that fake flowers are now okay?

Yoohooo? Help on this one? Hello??? Anyone??? Everyone???

Are fake flowers acceptable in home decor?

xoxo
Coco

P.S. Remember to become a Nbaynadamas Facebook Fan. Tell friends too!

Photos in this post by Coco of Nbaynadamas
You have read this articlefloral / flower / garden / Nbaynadamas with the title FAUXTANICALS - ARE FAKE FLOWERS NOW OKAY?!. You can bookmark this page URL https://nbaynadamas.blogspot.com/2010/03/fauxtanicals-are-fake-flowers-now-okay.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Thursday, March 18, 2010

Comments "FAUXTANICALS - ARE FAKE FLOWERS NOW OKAY?!"

Post a Comment