Manufacturer of dining, living, home office and bedroom Furniture and Interior.

A LOOK INSIDE A $28 MILLION PAUL WILLIAMS DESIGNED HOLMBY HILLS HOME!

Brick driveway leads to a historic Paul Williams designed home in Holmby Hills
An impressive brick driveway leads to a historic Paul Williams designed home in Holmby Hills - Los Angeles' tony enclave. (above)

Don't ask me why I was looking at real estate listings in the the $10 million plus range...but I was. I actually have no idea why I ended up doing a search on homes for sale in the Los Angeles area that are on the market for $15 million or more...but I did. I haven't got a clue what compelled me to investigate homes on the market for over $20 million dollars...but it happened. I even started to get picky...choosing between one mansion or another. So much for the saying "beggars can't be choosers"... I clearly was a beggar in this echelon of real estate but definitely was choosing away as if I had found a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. Again, another clear sign of my need for an immediate reality check!

Anyhooooooo, while browsing listings for multimillion dollar homes...I happened upon this gorgeous traditional home designed by renowned L.A. architect Paul Williams. Williams is well known for designing several landmark buildings in Los Angeles and for designing over 2000 homes including those of many celebrity clients. Williams' career was marked by firsts ... in 1921 for example, Williams became the first African-American to be certified as an architect west of the Mississippi and was also the first African-American member of the American Institute of Architects. I had not known about Paul Williams although I had seen his name many times. So, because of Paul Williams, my search for multimillion dollar homes ended up having a purpose as I learned about an extremely important architect and more about my native city's history!

So, now...this magnificent Paul Williams home in Bel Air's Holmby Hills....

This grand house is on the market for $28.5 million dollars. With over 11,000 square feet, 7 bedrooms, 11 baths, a pool and so much more...this house would be perfect for me! :-) It's listed by the prestigious Hilton & Hyland firm.

I think I love the long brick driveway up to the house, the kitchen and the garden room the most. The grounds look pretty amazing too! Hmmm....adding to "to do" list..."buy a Paul Williams home"...one day....

Brick driveway leads to a historic Paul Williams designed home in Holmby Hills

Foyer in a Paul Williams designed home with floor to ceiling wallpaper, a grand father clock, Baroque mirror and chest of drawers

Elegant dining room in a Paul Williams designed home with marble floor and round chrome table with a glass top

Gourmet kitchen in a Paul Willims designed home with state of the art appliances, custom cabinetry, Carrera marble counters and wonderful black and white checkered floor
The gourmet kitchen has state of the art appliances, custom cabinetry, Carrera marble counters and wonderful black and white checkered floor. (above and below)

Gourmet kitchen in a Paul Willims designed home with state of the art appliances, custom cabinetry, Carrera marble counters and wonderful black and white checkered floor

Exterior of a historic Paul Williams designed home in Holmby Hills

My dreams of owning a castle could definitely be put on hold for a home like this.

What kind of home do you dream of???

xo
Coco

P.S. Please go to the Nbaynadamas FACEBOOK PAGE to weigh in on a Reader Submission from Lizelle K. who is remodeling her kitchen. Lizelle sent in pictures of her kitchen makeover project in progress but needs your suggestions on possible backsplash ideas!

P.P.S. Will be posting a round up of the top 10 or top 20 best dining room tables I could find...that's for tomorrow. So stay tuned!

Photos: Hilton & Hyland
You have read this articleNbaynadamas / Paul Williams / SEE THIS HOUSE with the title A LOOK INSIDE A $28 MILLION PAUL WILLIAMS DESIGNED HOLMBY HILLS HOME!. You can bookmark this page URL https://nbaynadamas.blogspot.com/2010/07/a-look-inside-28-million-paul-williams.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Comments "A LOOK INSIDE A $28 MILLION PAUL WILLIAMS DESIGNED HOLMBY HILLS HOME!"

Post a Comment