Manufacturer of dining, living, home office and bedroom Furniture and Interior.

SEE THIS HOUSE: A $29 MILLION MONTECITO MEDITERRANEAN MANSE!

Living room in a Montecito mansion with exposed beams, wood floor, a tan rug, chandelier, white armchairs and sofa and high arched doors leading to a balcony

Hmmm.....my morning...5am wake up with alarm...5:20 actually wake up...5:30-6:30am no accounting for time as I pretended to work at my computer, brush teeth, wash face, stare out of the window, put on aforementioned UGGs, light fireplace, turn on heater, swear out loud how cold it is in my tiny Hollywood Hills home, sit at my computer, quiet the dog who is whining, stare at my computer and it goes on for an hour like this....6:30a UPS guy drops off a package that was supposed to come on Saturday morning (grrrr....) and I tell him how disappointed I am in UPS and he ignores me...6:45a Earl Grey tea...7am still no work done in vortex of sorts of doing stuff but not doing anything...7:05a I wonder to myself, "self, I wonder how much $29 million would buy me in Montecito, California?"(this could be the part that is not quite what happened; in other words not sure this was my exact musing or if I was scrambling to think of post ideas and I decided real estate is a good idea)...7:10 I come across the house featured in today's post....8:15a I begin to write post (note, I do have a job I have to report to at 9a...not looking good in the timeliness-to-work area at this point). So you see...there is a method to my madness...2-3 hours after waking up...I finally come up with something to blog about...smart use of time...right?

Anyhooooooo....that brings us to today's story...a 1920s Spanish style villa in GORGEOUS Montecito, CA. 7 bedroom, 10.5 baths, a 75 foot pool, 7 acres of land, a guest house, tennis court, Japanese garden, stunning Montecito views and all offered by Sotheby's International Realty for just a mere $29 million! Yup. $29 million!

Can't quite figure out the square footage on this one but once again...I would take it in a minute if someone offered it to me. I love California Mediterranean vintage homes.

Take a look...

exterior of a Montecito mansion

Carved, arched front door to a Montecito mansion with terra cotta tile floor

Library in a Montecito mansion with a fireplace and a mirror in a traditional frame on the mantel, built in bookshelves, arched windows, a wood desk and chair, a striped sofa and a large Turkish rug

Kitchen in a Montecito mansion with stainless appliances, tile floor, columns, white drawers and cabinets, dark counter tops, an island with a wood counter top and sink and a breakfast nook with banquette seating and a glass table with metal legs

Hallway in a Montecito mansion with vaulted ceiling, arched doors and saltillo tile floor


Bedroom in a Montecito mansion with wood floor, blue and white chevron printed rug, two iron canopy beds with white bedding and a brocade throw at the foot of the bed, and double doors with blue and white curtains lead to an outdoor patio

Bathroom in a Montecito mansion with blue and white ikat curtains instead of a glass door to the tub, a built in tub with, blue and white Portuguese tile line the back wall, a pedestal sink, a wood chest of drawers and a Moroccan lantern light

Arched entryway to the backyard of a Montecito mansion with white curtains tied back and saltillo tile floor


Large pool in the backyard of a Montecito mansion

So would you take this house or leave it? I would DEFINITELY take it. I find it quite charming...all $29 million of it! I might make some tweaks here and there (the kitchen could use a little doing) and of course, I would lighten up and brighten up the decor...but other than that...I'm in. How about you?

Happy Monday!

xo
Coco

Photos: Sotheby's Intl Realty
You have read this articlebath and bathroom / guest room / kitchen / library / listing / living room / mansion / million dollar home / Montecito / Nbaynadamas / pool / real estate / SEE THIS HOUSE / view / villa with the title SEE THIS HOUSE: A $29 MILLION MONTECITO MEDITERRANEAN MANSE!. You can bookmark this page URL https://nbaynadamas.blogspot.com/2010/11/see-this-house-29-million-montecito.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Monday, November 22, 2010

Comments "SEE THIS HOUSE: A $29 MILLION MONTECITO MEDITERRANEAN MANSE!"

Post a Comment