Manufacturer of dining, living, home office and bedroom Furniture and Interior.

COLOR WATCH: THE GREAT ORANGE vs. RED DEBATE (& WHAT I DECIDED FOR THE Nbaynadamas COLLECTION)!

On the left is an orange living room with a white sofa, orange walls with a tree decal, brown and white graphic print curtains and a glass table with orange bottles and a bowls of fruit. On the right is a red bedroom with upholstered red and white striped headboard, graphic red and white wallpaper, red lamps and white bedding with lime green embrodiery
Photo: Jean Randazzo
Orange room vs. red room (above)

People feel very strongly about red versus orange I think...or at least in my world they do.

The Nbaynadamas SPRING/SUMMER 2011 catalog is done. Phew. This last week has been a bear with trying to get out all of the printed materials and trying to get the website done.

My collection features red...I went with the red. When I told most of my friends that I had chosen to have a pop of red in the collection...most said "you really need some orange". I argued for my red...and they argued for orange. I guess I felt that orange was overdone, trendy in a way...I had considered orange, really I had...but I gravitated to the reds. I do have one bit of burnt orange in a Nbaynadamas cotton knit throw but that is it.

Here is just one photo of one of the pillows in the Nbaynadamas SPRING/SUMMER 2011 collection...my Quatrefoil design in a dark red.

Nbaynadamas Quatrefoil linen pillow with self welt in Dark Red
Nbaynadamas Spring 2011 Collection - Quatrefoil linen pillow with self welt in Dark Red (above)

In the great debate of red v. orange in home furnishings and decor...what would you pick off the top of your head?

(I have this feeling the orange is going to win...well I dared to be different...LOL!)

Anyhooooo....off to a big t.v. show shoot for my day job. Will be on set all day watching an exciting music video shoot...need to figure out practical outfit...yesterday I was on set in 3" heels...prancing about from sound stage to sound stage bouncing back and forth between clients and the producers...today I will be comfortable!

Happy Friday!

xo
Coco

P.S. Sorry about missing a post yesterday. So much stuff to do to launch the line that I missed out!
You have read this articleCOLOR WATCH / Nbaynadamas / Nbaynadamas pillows / orange / pillows / red with the title COLOR WATCH: THE GREAT ORANGE vs. RED DEBATE (& WHAT I DECIDED FOR THE Nbaynadamas COLLECTION)!. You can bookmark this page URL https://nbaynadamas.blogspot.com/2011/01/color-watch-great-orange-vs-red-debate.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Friday, January 14, 2011

Comments "COLOR WATCH: THE GREAT ORANGE vs. RED DEBATE (& WHAT I DECIDED FOR THE Nbaynadamas COLLECTION)!"

Post a Comment