Manufacturer of dining, living, home office and bedroom Furniture and Interior.

Nbaynadamas SPRING 2011 - MY FIRST HOME FURNISHINGS COLLECTION!

Nbaynadamas Logo cotton knit reversible throw in navy on a white chair next to some beautiful Belgian tulips
Nbaynadamas Logo cotton knit reversible throw in navy on a white chair next to some beautiful Belgian tulips! (above)

So I said I would have a big announcement for the new year and here it is!

My first big risk this year is launching my first ever home furnishings collection - Nbaynadamas Spring 2011!

This is only a small sneak peek of the collection. I'll reveal more of it over the coming month.

I've spent the last year and half...all of my life savings...and all of my free time...to bring you a collection of the finest linen pillows, luxurious cotton throws, elegant linen drapery, bedding and more!

The line includes 10 different original patterns that I designed myself and I added in one classic cane print.

The big launch for the Nbaynadamas collection will be at the New York International Gift Fair at the end of January where thousands of buyers come shop for their stores. I made the decision a few months ago to become an exhibitor.

For those of you in the design business, this may not be a big deal. For me, a non-professional, non-design industry person, this has been a herculean task.

I've been trying to maintain my normal life (with a wonderful regular business job) and in every free waking moment working on creating and launching this line. I did this by myself...but I was lucky because I've had a huge cheerleading squad behind me along the way...with constant advice, counsel and help from of my darling mother and sister and with my dear friends providing a second set of eyes to bounce things off of from time to time (I'm sure they are all sick of me sending photos of every single design step I've taken over the last year...)...I had lots of love and support and encouragement along the way (uh oh...here I go...another one of the personal Academy Award speeches...I'll stop).

So to be honest, this month, I will be a nervous wreck. The biggest step outside of my comfort zone I've certainly ever taken. We'll see what happens. I'm ready for more highs and lows (as I've been experiencing a comedy of sorts in trying to manufacture this collection)...bring it on (I think...wait...don't bring it on yet....wait...oh boy...yikes...still scared....to be totally honest, terrified...oh boy...here we go....)!

During this month of January, I'll be sharing my story about how this all came about and show you some of the design and manufacturing process along the way. Just in case...just in case...just in case...this might inspire you to break out of your comfort zone in 2011 too!

Five Nbaynadamas Quatrefoil pillows
Nbaynadamas Quatrefoil - My original take on a traditional quatrefoil pattern! (above)

Mix of Nbaynadamas pillows and throws all in green
One of my favorite colors is green...so I put a wonderful hunter green and a soft sage green into the Nbaynadamas collection mix in both pillows and throws (above)
Nbaynadamas boudoir pillows
Nbaynadamas bedding consists of delightfully decadent linen Euro shams and boudoir pillows. (above)

Hope you enjoy this sneak peek of the first ever Nbaynadamas home furnishings collection! (As usual, I welcome all comments and opinions...in other words say what you really think...I can take it...I hope...LOL)

Now, like always, I have to run off to work...am a tad late...and I am contemplating whether or not to wear sparkles...typical...some things never change!

Happy Monday! Happy January 2011!

xo
Coco

P.S. As I share more of the line with you over the month, you might get a laugh when you see that I wasn't very creative with naming each style...they are pretty much named literally. Used all my creative juices on design I guess!
You have read this articleNbaynadamas / Nbaynadamas bedding / Nbaynadamas collection / Nbaynadamas pillows / Nbaynadamas STYLE / Nbaynadamas throws with the title Nbaynadamas SPRING 2011 - MY FIRST HOME FURNISHINGS COLLECTION!. You can bookmark this page URL http://nbaynadamas.blogspot.com/2011/01/nbaynadamas-spring-2011-my-first-home.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Monday, January 3, 2011

Comments "Nbaynadamas SPRING 2011 - MY FIRST HOME FURNISHINGS COLLECTION!"

Post a Comment