Manufacturer of dining, living, home office and bedroom Furniture and Interior.

OSCAR EMERGENCY!

Sparkly short sleeved dress from Jason Wu's Fall 2011 runway show
Jason Wu, Fall 2011 (above)

Best of friend Anne and I got the best email ever yesterday. The email was from Anne's sister-in-law MM. The title of the email was "OSCAR EMERGENCY".

I saw the title of said email while I was driving to work (I was at a stop light on Mulholland where it crosses Coldwater Canyon so I was not driving and reading emails...fyi...)..."OSCAR EMERGENCY". Oscar emergency? What is an Oscar emergency? Huh. I chuckled and smiled and thought how fabulous that someone is actually having an Oscar emergency. Then I read the email...

As it turns out Anne's other very posh sister-in-law SM was headed to Los Angeles today (Friday) because she and her husband, a posh business executive, had just been invited VIP style to the Oscars (or they just decided to go...or something)...anyhooooo...MM (the first sister-in-law...who owns a fabulous children's furnishings store named tottini in Seattle) was emailing me and Anne for names of stylists who might pull gowns for SM.

Complicated but this is all to say...Anne's posh sister-in-law indeed was having an OSCAR EMERGENCY...no dress, a big star studded event to go to on Sunday and no time....an emergency indeed!

So after Anne and I lamented on the phone about how much we wanted to have an OSCAR EMERGENCY...we wanted to be flown into to town to find a fabulous dress and then sashay down the red carpet...and look gorgeous and drink champagne and smile and laugh and hobknob...and...strut and look great and smile and laugh and be photographed and blah blah blah....I finally jumped into action and connected SM with my fabulous style consultant who dresses stars like Reese Witherspoon etc.

SM is flying in this morning and meeting with my lady from 10-12. Hopefully the OSCAR EMERGENCY will be resolved!

This got me thinking though...what would I want to wear if I was all of a sudden asked today to attend the Academy Awards?

I'd wear any of these gowns. A little sparkly, sleek, sophisticated, feminine...and dare I say slightly sexy...

Sparkly sleeveless dress from Elie Saab's Spring 2011 fashion show with a light grey belt
Elie Saab, Spring 2011(above)


Sequined dress from Badgley Mischka's Fall 2011 runway show
Badgley Mischka, Fall 2011 (above)

Would you want to have an OSCAR EMERGENCY...if so, what look would you go for on the red carpet?

Well I am not going to the Oscars...but feel well accomplished that I might have been able to help someone out who was having an OSCAR EMERGENCY!

Happy Friday!

xo
Coco

Photos: Style.com
You have read this articleevents / fashion / Nbaynadamas / parties / party with the title OSCAR EMERGENCY!. You can bookmark this page URL http://nbaynadamas.blogspot.com/2011/02/oscar-emergency.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Friday, February 25, 2011

Comments "OSCAR EMERGENCY!"

Post a Comment