Manufacturer of dining, living, home office and bedroom Furniture and Interior.

SOMETHING VERY OLD, SOMETHING QUITE NEW - WHERE FASHION AND ARCHITECTURE MEET!

Ancient three toned fireplace with a large portrait of a woman in a gold frame and a bust inside the fireplace

Loving this three toned ancient rustic fireplace. Something so very romantic about it. Fitting...romance on Valentine's Day. The color is not red...but it works on the romance front for me.

Love the tumbled look of this fireplace...yet the refined nature of it all with the regal portrait gracing the mantel and the marble bust inside the fireplace hearth.

Short sleeved metallic blue gown from Peter Som's fall 2011 ready-to-wear collection

Love blue...I think I love blue more than any other color. My favorite color combination is green, white and brown as three colors together...but I think blue (as of late) is my favorite color. Why not shock a space or your look a bit with some very vivid blue? Would go into my closet and find some blue to wear to work today if everything in my winter wardrobe weren't jet black...hmmmm....?

As an aside, I've gotta say...spent some time browsing through what has come off the runway for fashion week...I did not find much I like (lots of patchwork huge slouchy guinea sack looking dresses (frankly quite unattractive and of no help to girls who are still trying to look cute and find a Valentine :-))...

I did, however, find these darling metallic blue pieces in Peter Som's fall 2011 ready-to-wear collection. Love the sparkling blue, the silhouettes of the long gowns. Very cute. Fun. Playful I think.

So many shades and tones of blue in one fireplace and in a few finds from last week's New York Fashion Week.

Model from Peter Som's fall 2011 ready-to-wear collection wearing metallic blue pants, a sleeveless white shirt and flats

What other color reminds you of romance? What do you think of these blues?

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Monday!

xo
Coco

P.S. See the Nbaynadamas Twitter Feed to see the Panda bear print dress I'm loving from Peter Som's show as well! I know...Panda bears? Haven't lost it just yet...take a look and let me know what you think on Twitter!

Photos: Simon Brown; Style.com
You have read this articleancient / blue / cropped pants / dresses / fashion / Fashion Week / fireplace / metallic / Nbaynadamas / Peter Som / shiny with the title SOMETHING VERY OLD, SOMETHING QUITE NEW - WHERE FASHION AND ARCHITECTURE MEET!. You can bookmark this page URL http://nbaynadamas.blogspot.com/2011/02/something-very-old-something-quite-new.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Monday, February 14, 2011

Comments "SOMETHING VERY OLD, SOMETHING QUITE NEW - WHERE FASHION AND ARCHITECTURE MEET!"

Post a Comment