Manufacturer of dining, living, home office and bedroom Furniture and Interior.

WEEKEND PHOTO: PALACE LIVING!

Photos in this post by Coco of Nbaynadamas
Close up of the details on the iron gate at the Ecole Nationale Superieur des Beaux-Arts on Rue Bonaparte in Paris

Is it weird that I spent a good 5 minutes this afternoon literally hanging on the gates of the Ecole Nationale Superieur des Beaux-Arts on Rue Bonaparte in Paris (the main building is called the Palais Etudes and there is an enormous courtyard in front)...fingers wrapped around the well fashioned iron? Is it strange that I yelled out in an overly excited voice and pitch to my sis DS who had wandered ahead, "Hey this is exactly where I'd want to live. I've always imagined living in a palace! Look! Hey, I said come back here...look!!!!" (She distractedly responded, "You never know. You might.") Is it weird that my sister practically had to pry me off the gates so I could continue on? Hmmmm...you can chose to answer the questions but I think I know the answers already.

Well. I must continue to dream.

Anyhoo...first full day in Paris on vacation. I am staying at the apartment my family rents for the summer in Paris in the 8th.

I've been to Paris oh so many times because my family comes every summer. It never ever gets boring to me though. I think Paris is just sublime.

The first 24 hours of each visit here to Paris, I act like a total tourist...camera in hand, gawking at all of the monuments and architecture, a total geek when it comes to wanting to see it all, insisting that we walk by or drive by every single well known landmark. I am in the tourist phase right now. Tomorrow, I'll be the chic Paris regular (maybe).

These photos are of the aforementioned Palais Etudes courtyard of the Ecole des Beaux Arts. Love this. Move over fine arts students, I'd like to move in and make this my home... :-)!

Details on the iron gate at the Palais Etudes courtyard of the Ecole des Beaux Arts in Paris

Does palace living appeal to you? What does your dream home look like? I know, it is quite strange that I envision living in a palace...but I can't help it...I do...I do...

Happy Saturday!

xo
Coco

P.S. Great dinner last night at La Societe in the 6th with sis DS and my mother. We are running out to a late dinner now tonight!

Photos in this post by Coco of Nbaynadamas
You have read this articlearchitecture / palace / Paris / vacation with the title WEEKEND PHOTO: PALACE LIVING!. You can bookmark this page URL http://nbaynadamas.blogspot.com/2011/08/weekend-photo-palace-living.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Saturday, August 20, 2011

Comments "WEEKEND PHOTO: PALACE LIVING!"

Post a Comment