Manufacturer of dining, living, home office and bedroom Furniture and Interior.

FASHION FORWARD: HELP ME DECIDE WHICH DRESS TO WEAR TO THE EMMYS!

Photos in this post by Coco of Nbaynadamas
Carlos Miele navy silk beaded one shoulder gown
Dress option #1 - Carlos Miele navy silk beaded one shoulder gown I bought in Paris last month. (above and below)
Here we go...I'm going to ask a favor of you.  Please help me choose what I wear to the Emmys on Sunday.  I can't figure it out...so I need some help.

As most of you know...only because I've been blabbing about it for the last week...I am going to the Emmy Awards tomorrow!  Woot woot.  I've been three times already.  First time was fun because we sat in row 7; second time was fun too;  and truthfully the third time was so boring that we left the show early and met up with some agents at The Palm across the street until the show was over and the parties started.

So there you have it... my last experience at the Emmys was a bore...not what most of you would expect for a sparkling Hollywood event.  Boring.  That was three years ago  I think...when they had a round stage and lots of hosts or something...I don't really recall.

This year, I am hoping it will be fun.  I think it will be.  I know it will.  I hope.  I've been working everyone I know who is going up to a frenzy about what they will wear and what I will wear to walk the red carpet.  It is all absurd to a certain extent and recognize there are people who have real issues and problems to deal with in the world.  I am not that superficial to only think that my Emmy dress is the most important thing in the world.  But since I am going to the Emmys, I must consider what to wear...I don't think it would be appropriate to walk down the red carpet in my J Brand skinny jeans, some black Prada flats and a long sleeve C&C v neck t-shirt (what I am wearing now).  It might mix things up a bit if I did wear this look down the red carpet.

So here is my little dilemma of the day...which of these two dresses should I wear to the Emmy Awards?

This first one is a silk navy Carlos Miele gown that I bought in Paris last month.  I am nervous about wearing a one shoulder dress.

The second dress is an old Badgley Mischka I have had for years...you can't really tell but it is a substantial black evening gown with a bit of a train and has a bit of a mermaid shape to it.

Close up of the bust on the navy silk beaded one shoulder Carlos Miele gown
Dress #2 - Carlos Miele dress detail (above and below)

Close up of the shoulder on navy silk beaded one shoulder Carlos Miele gown

Black velvet and tulle Badgley Mischka gown with a sweetheart neckline and a bow
Dress option #2 - Badgley Mischka gown from my closet. Black with sweetheart neckline, velvet, tulle  and a bow. (above and below)

Close up of the bust and bow on the black velvet and tulle Badgley Mischka gown

Beaded Judith Leiber clutch purse
Cute clutch purse - a beaded Judith Leiber bag I borrowed from my sis DS; I would wear this with Dress option #2. (above)

Emmy ticket and information packet
My Emmy ticket is inside! (above)

Okay...so it is between the Carlos Miele and the Badgley Mischka...I'll tally up your comments and decide what to wear partially based on what you say.  Help.

Just so you know, I am most comfortable in the Badgley Mischka - it is in my comfort zone.  I feel like I need to do something out of my comfort zone though.  Hmmmm....

Look forward to reading your comments.  I leave at about 2PM PST on Sunday for the show...so up until then, I will be checking your comments!

Happy Saturday!

xo
Coco

P.S. Update Sunday morning: Thank you for all of the comments. Running to get my hair done...and still waiting to decide until last minute so any and all feedback is welcome. Have read each and every comment so far...seems the Carlos Miele is coming out slightly ahead in the popular opinion...but it is close so far...I'm hoping the Badgley Mischka gets a few more (LOL!)!  So much fun and so helpful hearing from you all!

P.P.S. Make sure to check out the comments on Nbaynadamas Facebook too!

Photos in this post by Coco of Nbaynadamas
You have read this articlefashion / FASHION FORWARD with the title FASHION FORWARD: HELP ME DECIDE WHICH DRESS TO WEAR TO THE EMMYS!. You can bookmark this page URL http://nbaynadamas.blogspot.com/2011/09/fashion-forward-help-me-decide-which.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Saturday, September 17, 2011

Comments "FASHION FORWARD: HELP ME DECIDE WHICH DRESS TO WEAR TO THE EMMYS!"

Post a Comment