Manufacturer of dining, living, home office and bedroom Furniture and Interior.

FASHION FORWARD: ECHOS FROM DESIGN TO THE RUNWAY!

Left: White Eames chairs surround a farmhouse dining table with a large modern black pendant light above. Right: A modern winter polka dot dress with sheer sleeves from Milly's fall 2012 collection
Left: White Eames chairs surround a farmhouse dining table with a large modern black pendant light above. Right: A modern winter polka dot dress with sheer sleeves from Milly's fall 2012 collection. (above)

I have only been to New York Fashion Week once before.  It was quite fantastic running into the tents to see a show. So all of this buzz about fashion week this last week got me wishing I was in New York...running hither and thither to see what's hot in fashion for the end of the year and next winter.

Because I couldn't attend (imagine me saying that with nose in the air and a lock jaw accent...but really that's my attempted chic way of saying I actually wasn't invited to any shows ....hmmm...in a non lock jaw accent I ask...who invites people to these things?...I need to know those inviting types...hmmm...must work on this for next time...), I attended my own version of New York Fashion Week by popping onto the web and perusing photos of the runway shows.

One of my first stops was Milly, the clothing line designed by Michelle Smith.  I immediately stopped browsing fashion and fixated on this show.  I loved this fall/winter collection...young, fresh, cheerful and very classic - all things I love in both fashion and interior design!  So I thought in this FASHION FORWARD I'd look at echos between the runway and interior design!

Right: Nbaynadamas Circle Chevron linen pillows. Right: A cute classic suit with a zig zag of its own from the Milly runway show
Left: Our new Nbaynadamas Circle Chevron linen pillows from the Nbaynadamas 2012 textiles collection! Right: A cute classic suit with a zig zag of its own from the Milly runway show. (above)

Left: Electric blue pillows brighten up a white living room.  Right: A fantastic sequined dress with just a hint of electric blue trim
Left: Electric blue pillows brighten up a white living room.  Right: A fantastic sequined dress with just a hint of electric blue trim. (above)
I think my favorites are the little classic suit that is a combo between Missoni and Chanel that goes so well with the new Nbaynadamas Circle Chevron pillows that were a hit at market!  Which of these looks do you prefer?  Do tell?

Happy Friday!

xo
Coco

P.S. Day 3 of being coy and mysterious:  Back at it...let's see...if you recall 2 days ago I decided to start my month long quest of being a little more alluring and less of an open book.  Well let's see...so far this morning I was coy and mysterious to my dog Mr. Boo...he barked at me and I just looked at him and smiled knowingly.  Is that being coy and mysterious?  Hmmm...  So yesterday, Day 2 didn't really test my abilities at all.  I didn't have anything to be coy and mysterious about.  I seemed to have jabbed just as much as usual but there were no opportunities to seem more elusive.  I went for a very very quick drink with a friend and randomly ran into my other good friend JS out at some little wine bar here in Los Angeles.  I was wearing my new coy and mysterious New Girl like big thick rimmed glasses (they are prescription...I'm not a total phony coy/mysterious). While waiting for KD to arrive, I told JS I was trying to be coy and mysterious.  JS laughed and said being non-coy and anti-mysterious was my charm (so squawking all of the time is charming?).   JS was there with a friend A who totally agreed with my experiment though...this A person said I should learn to "selectively share" information...she said "less is more" I think.  Hmmm...how many more days of this month are left?  This coy and mysterious thing is baffling to me.  I'll try again today...I've been invited to a dinner party tonight....if I go, I will be the most coy and mysterious person there.

P.P.S. Have a wonderful wonderful day!

P.P.P.S.  A special thanks to blogger and Nbaynadamas reader Gwen Driscoll for the kind post she did about Nbaynadamas on her blog Ragland Hill Social.  So appreciate the nice words Gwen!  Thank you!!

Photos: Style.com; Sharyn Cairns; Hugh Hamilton Photography; John Barman
You have read this articleblack pendant lights / built-in bookshelves / cobalt / dining room / Eames / electric blue / FASHION FORWARD / Fashion Week / living room / Milly / Nbaynadamas circle chevron / Nbaynadamas pillows / polka dot / zig zag with the title FASHION FORWARD: ECHOS FROM DESIGN TO THE RUNWAY!. You can bookmark this page URL http://nbaynadamas.blogspot.com/2012/02/fashion-forward-echos-from-design-to.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Friday, February 17, 2012

Comments "FASHION FORWARD: ECHOS FROM DESIGN TO THE RUNWAY!"

Post a Comment