Manufacturer of dining, living, home office and bedroom Furniture and Interior.

TREND WATCH: ALABASTER LIGHTS!

Kitchen with exposed beams, alabaster pendant lights hanging above the kitchen island, white cabinets and a wood floor

I like this kitchen above...traditional, with exposed beams and glowing alabaster pendant lights hanging above the kitchen island. I never would have picked an alabaster pendant out of a line up...but seeing them in this kitchen got me thinking, "hey these look kind of nice". So I got to calling around to find out pricing...of course the places I called were tres expensive and one woman said they couldn't keep them in stock they get so many requests.

As you may know, alabaster is a mineral. It has been used to make carved items including statues, bowls and goblets. And, for years, in lieu of glass, alabaster has been used in lighting. It is translucent enough to allow light to glow throw but opaque enough to obscure a bright light bulb.

Could alabaster pendant lights be the the next hot thing in lighting? Hmmm...

Burton Alabaster Bowl Pendant Light
Vaughan - Burton Alabaster Bowl Pendant Light - $9000 (above)

Medium Fluted Band Pendant
Circa Lighting - Medium Fluted Band Pendant - $2100 (above)
What do you think of alabaster lighting?  Like or dislike?  I'm kind of liking!

Happy Wednesday!

xo
Coco

P.S. Day 2 of being coy and mysterious - Day 1 did not go well.  Yesterday, I started over sharing the minute I got in my car...I over shared with my best of friend AM and friend A.Ro while chatting on the phone.  I got to the office and started gabbing to everyone about this and that.  I am going to try again.  Wish me luck!

P.P.S.  Press Alert: A Nbaynadamas pillow did in fact make the pages of the March issue of Real Simple magazine.  A light blue Nbaynadamas Fence Pillow made it into an editorial page about floral, gingham and trellis all going together!  We are so thrilled.  Our Fence pillow can be seen right in the fold of the layout on the center of the sofa.  Yay!  Reader Kristen from New York sent me an email yesterday saying she had seen it in the magazine!  Thank you to Amy over at Real Simple for thinking of us!!!

Nbaynadamas Fence pillow in the March 2012 issue of Real Simple
A Nbaynadamas Fence pillow makes the pages of the March 2012 issue of Real Simple! (above)

P.P.P.S.  Have a great day today!


Photo: Don Lococo Architects
You have read this articlealabaster / alabaster lights / kitchen / kitchen island / lighting / pendant lights / trend with the title TREND WATCH: ALABASTER LIGHTS!. You can bookmark this page URL http://nbaynadamas.blogspot.com/2012/02/trend-watch-alabaster-lights.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Comments "TREND WATCH: ALABASTER LIGHTS!"

Post a Comment