Manufacturer of dining, living, home office and bedroom Furniture and Interior.

SEE THIS HOUSE: HOW INTERIOR DESIGNER MELANIE TURNER CREATED A TRANQUIL HOME FOR A MODERN DAY BRADY BUNCH!

Living room with two sea grass ikat armchairs, woven sea grass sisal rug, green graphic curtains and two large ottomans covered with a furry throw

I feel very lucky sometimes...

The other day I got an email from Lisa from Melanie Turner Interiors. Lisa was asking if I was familiar with fabulous interior designer Melanie Turner's work. Uh yes. I had in fact just days before been stalking Melanie's website and even pinned a few photos on Nbaynadamas Pinterest. I was saving some of them for a post I would do on this up and coming designer.  So anyway, Lisa offered me photos of house they worked on in Atlanta.

Before going any further...an aside...(I hear the collective sigh...but bear with me please)...Let me qualify this feeling "lucky" thing. Feeling lucky is very different from being lucky. If you could have seen me at Home Depot last night at 9pm buying supplies in order to try to fix a hole in my wall and dealing with broken sprinklers among other things...you would not say "Oh what a lucky girl"...you'd say, "Poor thing". So I don't want any of you to have the misconception that this luck thing follows me around on a daily basis and taps me on the shoulder regularly to say "Hi, I am here, don't forget to use me if you need me". Typically I see "Luck" off in the distance and I am screaming at him to come over my way and he ignores. So please allow me in this case to have the feeling of being lucky for this one moment as I know it will soon disappear with the latest non-dilemma dilemma that is life!

Anyhooooo...back to this FANTASTIC home from Atlanta based designer Melanie Turner.

A 4 bedroom, 3.5 bathroom house in the Atlanta area.  Melanie and team say they designed this for a wonderful blended family, "It is a story of a modern day Brady Bunch. Two single parents with six teenagers, two dogs, and two cats fell in love, married and moved into a five window and a door traditional fifty year old house."

Melanie's goal was to give the family a functioning home and a wonderful retreat.  Melanie also wanted the space to feel tranquil.  Previously, the home had every room a different color...in order to achieve the design goal, Melanie painted all of the rooms the same color and neutralized the wall colors...this she says created unity and simplified the space.

So without much further chitter chatter from me...please enjoy today's SEE THIS HOUSE!

Living room with six rounds mirror arranged on a sea grass walls, reclaimed wood coffee table, grey sofas, gray ikat armchairs and a woven sea grass sisal rug
The living room with its Philip Jefferies grass cloth walls, grey upholstered furniture and Kelly Wearstler for Schumacher Imperial Trellis drapes is Melanie's favorite room because it is relaxing and can comfortably seat so many. (above)

Living room coffee table with paint brushes on a green tray on a stack of books
A coffee table detail with paint brushes and a green tray that picks up the color in the drapery. (above)

View from den to living room with a green dome chair, graphic black and white curtains, a dark brown armchair and a a woven sea grass sisal rug

family room with a seagrass rug, the white painted brick fireplace and the huge oversized lounge love seats and two matching arm chairs
Love this family room with a seagrass rug, the white painted brick fireplace and the huge oversized lounge love seats...a perfect place to kick back and relax. (above)

Living room with white lacquer cabinet with brass pulls serving as a television cabinet and two armchairs with layered slipcovers
A white lacquer cabinet with brass pulls serves as a television cabinet...the most stylish media storage I've seen! Also love the slouchy two layered slipcovers on the armchairs here. (above and below)

Close up of the white lacquer cabinet with brass

Formal dining room with light wood rough hewn table, linen upholstered Parsons chairs, floral wallpaper and oversized drum chandelier
The dining room is both rustic and feminine. The light wood rough hewn table, the linen upholstered Parsons chairs, the floral wallpaper and the large oversized drum chandelier all come together so nicely to create an inviting space. (above)

Breakfast nook with a trestle table, metal top, low back upholstered chairs, green graphic patterned stools, and a large brass and glass pendant light
The perfect breakfast nook right off of the kitchen with a zinc topped trestle table and upholstered low back seating. (above)

Staircase with kelly green stairs matching bright green framed pictures arrangement
Melanie chose this color green to add throughout the house because the home owner is an artist and Melanie knew a bright color accent throughout would suit the family! P.S. This is one of my favorite photos from the house! (above)

White bathroom with light blue Roman shades, marble counters, hexagon mosaic tile floor and a large mirror
The light blue roman shade on the window in the bathroom works so well with the subtly sink cabinet and the marble on the counters on the floors. (above)

Bedrooom with antique wood headboard, green night stand, wood floors and a white rug
The bedroom with a large wood bed and headboard and lovely green nightstand. (above)

So dear readers...what do you think of this Atlanta family home? Anything you can see incorporating into your space? What is your favorite room and why?   I like the family room the best I think...although I really love it all. Please weigh in.

Thank you Melanie Turner Interiors.

Happy Monday!

xo
Coco

P.S. Was so honored when a few weeks ago Starrett Z. and Arielle T., who are publicity gurus for my design crush and home furnishings maven Jonathan Adler (JA), asked me to contribute to the "I Want" section on the Jonathan Adler site.  This is a place where "tastemakers" and friends of JA weigh in on three things they want from Jonathan Adler's collection. The list of contributors includes celebrities (Iman), designers (Charlotte Moss, Trina Turk, Liz Lange and Todd Oldham) and then blogging big wigs (Grace Bonney of Decor 8 and Joy Cho of Oh Joy) - they have all put their two cents in on what they want from JA (Jonathan Adler)...and then there's me. (This is not a paid endorsement or anything...it is just people who love JA getting a chance to shout out about what they love...I love to shout and I love JA so this was a perfect fit).  If you want to see the things I love and get a little inspiration, click here.

P.P.S. Oh, I forgot...the big dilemma about being part of this JA I Want thing was what photo I would use. I decided to go artsy! Let me know what you think!

screen grab of Coco of Nbaynadamas's I Want list on the Jonathan Adler
A screen grab of my I Want list on the Jonathan Adler site...and there's me! (above)

P.P.P.S. Am off to work! Hope you have a nice day however you are planning to spend it!

P.P.P.P.S.  Stay tuned tomorrow for my theory on Pinterest.

P.P.P.P.P.S.  There are 18 words in the title of this post...I wonder if this hits a world record of any kind?  Will try to be more succinct with post titles as the week moves on.


Photos: Melanie Turner Interiors
You have read this articleatlanta / bath and bathroom / den / dining room / drapery / drapes / family room / imperial trellis / living room / marble tile / mid century modern / sea grass wallpaper / SEE THIS HOUSE / sisal rug with the title SEE THIS HOUSE: HOW INTERIOR DESIGNER MELANIE TURNER CREATED A TRANQUIL HOME FOR A MODERN DAY BRADY BUNCH!. You can bookmark this page URL http://nbaynadamas.blogspot.com/2012/03/see-this-house-how-interior-designer.html. Thanks!
Write by: AN - Monday, March 5, 2012

Comments "SEE THIS HOUSE: HOW INTERIOR DESIGNER MELANIE TURNER CREATED A TRANQUIL HOME FOR A MODERN DAY BRADY BUNCH!"

Post a Comment